Forums

Help › Forums

HI, EVERYONE

Mon, Dec 14 2009 10:02 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AntonioST
    2 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 12:50 PM
    hi, im new here and i just want to salute you all. Im from Madrid(Spain) One question, how i get credits without paying for them?
  • gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 2:23 PM

Use the search box to the top right portion of your screen, or go to the FAQs to the right of your screen and click "Deposits and Credits".

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 3:22 PM

Antonio ... other than buying credits, there a  weekly tournaments in which you can win credits by scoring in the Top 70. Not the fastest way to get credits, but it won't cost a single peso.

PS ---- This is a real pet peeve of mine. Everybody was new here once, and most of us asked the same simple questions. True, the search feature hasn't always been here, but in the time it takes you to point out the search or FAQ's, you could have very simply answered the man's question.   If a newbie uses the search, he/she could spend hours pouring thru a bunch of bitching & moaning before he finds the answer he/she is looking for. IMO, directing them to the search is just lazy ... and even a little rude.

Jeff

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 3:39 PM

I don't think it's "lazy" to direct players to a means of quickly answering questions. I agree that most of us asked the same simple questions when we were newbies; but it is for this reason that the simplest way to answer is to direct players to threads with more information. I don't think it's "rude" either to do so. What's rude about showing new players the easiest way to find an answer? The search box and the FAQs are there for players such as Antonio to use while they're learning the game. I myself used the FAQs earlier today as I looked through the pro shop. These are the simplest ways to answer the simplest questions and the simplest ways to answer nearly every newbie question there is. It is up to the responder of the thread to choose whether to directly answer the question, as you prefer to do, Jeff; or to open up the new player to other means.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 3:46 PM

It's elementary for newcomers to consult a site's FAQs and Search box before launching new forum threads. Aren't we drowning in redundancies in these forums as it is, even with seasoned posters repeating themselves in innumerable threads?

To Antonio, 

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 3:59 PM

Jeffdos is right.  Simply referring someone to the FAQ without answering their question is a bit out of line.  If you wish to answer someones question first and then also refer them to the FAQ for future reference, that would be more appropriate and also more polite.  Otherwise it just appears a bit snobbish and elitist, as if everyone is supposed to know how to use the search engine effectively, or know that there have been 100 forum posts asking similar questions.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 4:12 PM

It's not snobbish to, as I said, introduce another means of answering questions to new players. Referring the FAQs and the search box is a way of consolidating the forums so that we can have one or two answers to the same questions rather than dozens. I might as well just copy and paste what someone said in answering this question a year ago, because the answer will be just the same. It's easier for all parties to just use the search box or the FAQs and find everything handed to the questioner on a silver platter.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 4:23 PM

In fact, this is something to resolve for a moderator. This is approximately the thread no. 434,087 asking about the same thing. The task for a moderator would have been to merge all those threads talking about the same thing into a single thread, so that Antonio's question would have answered itself automatically.

You recognize well-moderated forums by there being a single thread devoted to every significant, oft-repeated issue. You recognize chaotic, neglected forums by there being dozens upon dozens of redundant, duplicate threads all dealing with the same issue.

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 4:41 PM
    Welcome Antonio have fun at WGT.
  • AntonioST
    2 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 1:44 AM

Thanks for the info and the welcoming, Im sorry about asking the same question, Ill read the faqs

• PAGES
RSS