Forums

Help › Forums

For Entertainment - Throwing Curveballs And Boomerangs In 30 MPH Crosswinds At St. Andrews

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 11 2009 5:11 AM (0 replies)
  • AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 5:11 AM

Good Morning All...

Once again I sit here and I die laughing.

For pure ENTERTAINMENT...if you've not checked out the Week 50 CTTH St. Andrews challenge go take a peek...but be forewarned.  View it as entertainment - at least at first.

NOTE:  If you are easily frustrated OR you are a precision geek who MUST perfectly align the cursor every single time to achieve the PERFECT outcome for your drives and approaches, this won't be for you.  You will end up mad.  (Oh - I forgot - part of WGT's genius is the fact that such perfect engineering is nearly impossible to achieve given the never-the-same-twice factors of wind, lies, bounces and so forth.  It is why it keeps our interest and it remains challenging and engaging.  You can't apply a formula to if.)

You might have to get used to the concept of aiming your shot 10 yards to the right or left of the GREEN (forget the hole) and watching the ball impossibly curve during your shot in the hopes it FINDS the green, let alone the hole.  You are basically taking your BEST GUESS and praying as you hit.  I am certainly noticing that with some practice my "Best Guess" is refining and I am getting the hang of it to SOME degree - but this one remains a nasty one.

In other words, EXACTLY like real golf - the higher the wind, the more difficult to play and the less predictable the result.

I AM ENJOYING SIMPLY WATCHING THE BALL FLY ON THESE CHALLENGES.

This challenge is a Masochist's Delight.  I don't care if I end up "in the credits" or not.

I await the day that WGT implements "Rainy conditions" into the mix.  LOL.  (Remember the real life 2009 US Open?  Even the pros couldn't play right.)

Regards, AtlantaCoaster

RSS