Forums

Help › Forums

Adding photos to profile blog

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 17 2021 3:27 AM (31 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, Mar 13 2021 6:27 AM

Marchie I followed your instructions , and uploaded my photo , then touched copy , and it went yellow momentarily, I went to my WGT profile and the blog , hit the filmstrip icon , but nothing happened , I typed in , manually the https address as nothing came in automatically , but nothing came into my blog . 
    I think it is perhaps a bit too much for me ! Lol

I don’t expect you to dedicate too much time , so thanks for your help , I think I am struggling with copy and paste !!
    all the best Lesley  

• golferguy2018
    362 Posts
    Sat, Mar 13 2021 6:31 AM

Click on your picture then brows. Special picture have to upload 1st . Hope this helps.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2021 3:40 AM

Lesley, sticking with imgbb, try this...

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2021 11:57 AM

https://i.ibb.co/wBGjMZG/48-CD53-B9-C807-4-DCB-B109-BDE97996-BB7-F.png

hi Scott , so I got this far , thanks very much , but I am sure not everyone wants t9 see my score card , I really just wanted it on my profile , in my blog section ! Lol

can it be moved there ? 

• JaRTennBogey
    73 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2021 12:57 PM

is this just for ipad issues?---or does not the pc way of left clicking on your profile pic on your profile page not bring up the option to change it?

i know on pc i can do it by browsing photos etc on files in my computer.

it is what i have done a few times during my years here.

not that i am needing help--i can change mine now if i so wanted---just trying to help if i can.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2021 1:13 PM

JaRTennBogey:

is this just for ipad issues?---or does not the pc way of left clicking on your profile pic on your profile page not bring up the option to change it?

i know on pc i can do it by browsing photos etc on files in my computer.

it is what i have done a few times during my years here.

not that i am needing help--i can change mine now if i so wanted---just trying to help if i can.

Sorry , think we are at cross purposes , I am not talking about changing my profile picture . I am trying to learn how to post items onto my profile blog . Thanks for trying .

• craigswan
    30,984 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2021 1:27 PM

I am no computer guy but this works .

Download photo from your camera to laptop  and save .

go to wgt and press browse at the avator icon .

pick your photo and save .

• JaRTennBogey
    73 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2021 1:28 PM

ok---sorry for butting in then--i know both ScottHope and SamSpayed are much wiser than i in such matters.

i hope you find your answer. 

Happy Hitting

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2021 1:44 PM

bossbird:
    I am not talking about changing my profile picture . I am trying to learn how to post items onto my profile blog . Thanks for trying .

Hi Lesley, let me see if I can walk you through it.

1.  Go to your Profile page and hit New Blog Post

2.  Type in the title you want, then hit the Insert Media button (red circle)

3.  Put the URL of the image (in this case, https://i.ibb.co/wBGjMZG/48-CD53-B9-C807-4-DCB-B109-BDE97996-BB7-F.png) into the Media URL.  Then hit Insert.

4.  Then hit Publish.

Does that work for you?

btw... Congrats on that scorecard and HIO!

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2021 2:17 PM

bossbird:
    hi Scott , so I got this far , thanks very much , but I am sure not everyone wants t9 see my score card , I really just wanted it on my profile , in my blog section ! Lol  can it be moved there ?

You're welcome Lesley.

There's very little difference between making a post in the forum and making a blog post. What works here works there, apart from BB Code, but that's another story.

Follow Sam's information and you should be okay. My way was just to show that you could copy and paste an image like you can text, and so avoid using the insert media procedure. But maybe you can't do that on an iPad.

RSS