Forums

Help › Forums

From Hack to Master in 4 Days

Tue, Dec 1 2009 9:33 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ironking34
    749 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 6:56 PM

Maybe it's possible but how does someone go from a hack to a master in 4 days? They shot a 66 on KI as a hack on 11/26 and on 11/30 they shot a 59 at BP. Maybe it's possible but it sounds like cheating to me.

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 7:12 PM

ironking34:
    hey shot a 66 on KI as a hack on 11/26 and on 11/30 they shot a 59

CLUBS. I am a 72, and have played 4 masters from 62 to 68. I evened the game by making them give up their big clubs and go back to regulars. None of the "masters" could shoot under 37 at beth front 9. Do not believe these low scores, because they are not cheating, just buying the latest bazooka's to make a 500 yd hole a 300  yd hole, and a putter that cannot miss. This game will sooner or later have golfers shooting 35 for 9, because the ego's demand bigger and stronger clubs I love to brag, and all 4 masters went down to my pro rating, lol

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 7:36 PM
    My clubs are on steroids but I still have crack 60 on BP or KI for 18 holes, actually my best 18 hole score is 63 and I was on fire on the back nine. I play for fun so I'm not on here fifteen hours a day....I guess it is what it is......They'll keep on improving the clubs and balls because it's more money for WGT......
  • GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 8:21 PM

naughty1:

ironking34:
    hey shot a 66 on KI as a hack on 11/26 and on 11/30 they shot a 59

CLUBS. I am a 72, and have played 4 masters from 62 to 68. I evened the game by making them give up their big clubs and go back to regulars. None of the "masters" could shoot under 37 at beth front 9. Do not believe these low scores, because they are not cheating, just buying the latest bazooka's to make a 500 yd hole a 300  yd hole, and a putter that cannot miss. This game will sooner or later have golfers shooting 35 for 9, because the ego's demand bigger and stronger clubs I love to brag, and all 4 masters went down to my pro rating, lol

You sure do allot of complaining about those of us that use upgraded clubs.

I choose to use better because they ARE better.

So you made some people change to clubs they never play with....... Let's see you totally change your clubs and do that good.

GD

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 5:15 AM

GolfDum:
    So you made some people change to clubs they never play with....... Let's see you totally change your clubs and do that good.

Are you saying that you cannot go back to regular clubs once you have played with upgraded clubs. Sounds silly to me. Upgrades are regulars but hit further, more accurate and putting is easier.   "They never played with"   Wow, how did they get the upgrades if they never played with regulars.

I am not complaining about people who use upgraded clubs. I am complaining about people who use upgraded clubs, and then feel that they are a better player than the person who uses regs, because they score lower. They score lower only because they are using the power tools. My point is a person shooting 60's with upgrades is the same person who is shooting 70s with regular clubs.  If you desire to spend your money for upgrades, that is your business. If you try and represent you are superior to me, than that is my business

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 7:28 AM

Is actually harder to "use" the master level clubs imo. You cant make em work for you if you dont have the skills. Also the changes in timing etc from the starter clubs to the masters are so severe that im not surprised most masters would struggle with the starters in the situation described - it really is a completely different game. Sorry to all pro's who disagree but that master who your thinking is only there cos of clubs really is the better player ;)

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 8:00 AM

It's pretty simple. They had an account in the past or currently have another account right now. You don't get good at this game overnight. No amount of nice clubs and/or balls can help you understand some of the techniques needed to shoot really low scores.

I would hope WGT has things in place to track multiple accounts. But I have to admit my confidence level is pretty low in that. Might be something they will just have work on, this is still in beta after all ;).

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 8:34 AM
    This is exactly what I'm thinking that they had to have been playing the game for a while and then made a new account. It took me a couple of months before I reached the master level and that was with my clubs on steroids. WGT need to find a way to track a computer IP address to see catch some of these cheaters but as you said I doubt it's going to happen.
  • rainman692
    54 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 8:37 AM

naughty1:
    I am complaining about people who use upgraded clubs, and then feel that they are a better player than the person who uses regs, because they score lower. They score lower only because they are using the power tools. My point is a person shooting 60's with upgrades is the same person who is shooting 70s with regular clubs

There is a lot more to it than that, naughty. I became a master with all starter clubs, with 66.xx, but then if I wanted to have a chance in tournaments, I was forced to upgrade. It's hard to even hit the fairways from the master tees with the starter clubs. My rank went down to about 63, where I am now, so the difference is about 3 shots per 18 hole round, not mentioning that I am probably more skilled now than before. Upgraded clubs are not so easy to use, the swing meter is very fast, even with upgraded balls; they shoot farther, that's true, but the target (fairway) is a lot narrower, the angles are tighter. You need a lot of concentration, they don't forgive mistakes so much, for an error of, say, 1/10 of a second your meter will be way off center and the resulting shot will be a lot more to the right or left than with the starters. And then there is no such thing as a putter that can't miss. I had a Redwood putter but now i've gone back to the starter putter, 'cause I feel better with that one. You sink putts because you can read the lines, calculate swing, withstand pressure and hit in the center. I am a good golfer in real life and I tell you that, just like real golf, this game is all about approach and putting (go see TW's stats and some average pro's stats, and see for yourself where the difference is). Good masters, once they get used to starter clubs again, can probably shoot -3 to -5 from the Masters tees, and that is an excellent result.

My feeling is that there are too many people quitting games after 1 or 2 lost shots, so what you are looking at in someones rank is the average of the GOOD rounds, not the overall rank. I think WGT shoud stop unlimited round tourneys, there is no such thing in reality, and we would get rid of quitters once and for all.

I won't convince you, I know, but why don't you use a friend's nick and pw and try for yourself ? In any case, I would suggest you not to challenge  the good masters (with or without starter clubs), or you might end up with no clubs and no credits... 

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 8:46 AM

when I became a master i upgraded to the preferred master iron set that went 122-210 however I just can't get accustom to using those especially with faster meter and when there is side wind conditions so I went back to the raptures.  I just don't want to trade them back in for 25% of what I paid and now they are sitting and collecting dust.  I use to lose a lot of balls in the water on KI with the master iron set also before of the stray shots.

• PAGES
RSS