Help › Forums

Tip for New Players for Kiawah, Hole # 2, Approach Shot

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 9 2010 6:39 AM (5 replies)
  • Trackterror03
    105 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 3:41 AM

Hi All,

This is a game tip for anyone frustrated when playing the par 5 (Hole #2) on the approach shot.

On your 3rd shot, do not aim directly at the hole! If your second shot is played well (to the center of the fairway leaving a distance between 40-65 yards, try this...Aim 10 feet short and around 3-4 ft. left of the pin. If hit well the ball will roll around 1-2 ft. from the pin, and sometimes you'll get lucky and actually Eagle the sucker! Ive seen so many people go straight at the pin and they are usually looking at a 2-3 yarder, with a very nasty break to the left. You can use 100% top spin if you like with highly efficient results.

Hope this helps someone!

Trackterror 03

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 11:08 AM

Great advice. As everyone knows, you can never hit it it too close on this hole. The same finesse is required on #7. Just a bit left of the hole and a shot perhaps 5 yards short.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2010 9:16 AM

To the OP, great tip, but new players must keep in mind of type of balls and clubs.  Different combos will make that shot not react, and a slightly wrong yardage will mean a awkard putt from the front of green.

Another option is getting your 2nd shot hole high left of green, now you only need to get the distance right, you miss just left or right you have a fairly easy putt, especially right which leaves you an uphill putt breaking left to right.  Its easier with higher spin wedges and balls.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Tue, Jun 8 2010 3:55 PM

SweetiePie:

Great advice. As everyone knows, you can never hit it it too close on this hole. The same finesse is required on #7. Just a bit left of the hole and a shot perhaps 5 yards short.

I've been hitting my short approach on #7 about 3 ft right and 5 yds short. It seems to trickle down and left for me. 4 eagles in the last 3 months, and many birdies.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 6:39 AM

Ala, I do the same as you on #7 when I am short, if you go right on the aim it will funnel back to the left, as SP wrote also, you can aim slightly left and it will funnel right.  Many ways to attack that pin, its more about the distance control for me.

RSS