Forums

Help › Forums

tournaments for.......

Tue, Jun 15 2010 7:18 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • kwoody94
    34 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 1:54 PM
    Hey fellow golfers. Let me start by saying I love the game and have met some great people and had some very enjoyable rounds. I have played with pros, amatures, and masters and had a blast. But, when it comes to tournaments, I have not particapated for one reason, I don't feel I am competitive. Its no big deal to me because I am pefectly happy being a pro ( my avg hovers around 71). I am NOT complaining but would like to make a suggestion, have some tournaments for Pros Only, amatures only etc. Some golfers aim to become a master and that is great but some like me don't have the time nor the money to devote to the game to advance to that level. This is just a suggestion, not meant to make anyone mad or anything. Ken aka kwoody94
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 1:59 PM

Hi Ken,

Just so you are aware, WGT breaks the majority of their tournaments down into separate tiers for competition.  There are some free weekly tournaments that are offered like the Single 18 and Single 9.  In those tournaments you are only competing against folks in your respective tier, so in your case just with the other Pros.  The same goes for any top-score based skill challenges I believe.

Good luck =)

• kwoody94
    34 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 2:47 PM
    Thnks Niviac I was not aware of that. I will check more closely. I appreciate your answering so quickly. I just know I can't shoot 60 on BB LOL but I still want to compete sometimes, see ya on the links Ken aka Kwoody94
  • NikolajK
    36 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 10:00 AM

I'm, wondering if there's any particular reason, why we have tournaments with these ridiculous high windspeeds? I mean why would WGT want to destroy a perfectly good game with these conditions?

Personally I disengage every single time I see something like 35 m/h - it simply doesn't make any sense. That is of course in my opinion ;-)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 10:31 AM

NikolajK:

Personally I disengage every single time I see something like 35 m/h - it simply doesn't make any sense. That is of course in my opinion ;-)

The high wind adds a special dimention to our game. It allows new long drives and provides new education that leads to becoming a better all around player. Nevertheless, to have constant heavy wind at St. Andrews, week after week after months is absurd. The lack of creativity and diversity with this is boring. People in every tier level are here to have fun and shoot low numbers, not to do the opposite.

• TarheelsRule
    5,482 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 10:50 AM

You also might want to check the CTTH, since many of those are random draws.  Keep playing and you will get better.  I still can't beat Avatar and those guys but once in a while I slip up and card a good round.

• NikolajK
    36 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 10:56 AM

I see where You're coming from, and I agree. High winds are a challenge - that is every now and then. I even practice with high winds, but it was exactly St. Andrews I referred to. maybe I just have a bad day, but I do find it annoying to see those windspeeds there day in and day out.

• NikolajK
    36 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 10:58 AM

TarheelsRule:

You also might want to check the CTTH, since many of those are random draws.  Keep playing and you will get better.  I still can't beat Avatar and those guys but once in a while I slip up and card a good round.

I do - and I do keep playing. It's just a bad trend with these windspeeds all the time (at St. Andrews)
  • borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 11:02 PM

NikolajK:

I see where You're coming from, and I agree. High winds are a challenge - that is every now and then. I even practice with high winds, but it was exactly St. Andrews I referred to. maybe I just have a bad day, but I do find it annoying to see those windspeeds there day in and day out.

I have only seen low to moderate winds at St. Andrews once during one of the weekly 9 hole  unlimited tourneys. Even with those calmer conditions I barely broke par. My putter has not been too kind to me lately.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 11:14 PM

I bet the people that live in St Andrews probably feel the same way 8)

• PAGES
RSS