Forums

Help › Forums

Weekly Multi-Round Open exclusions

Mon, Nov 23 2009 4:40 PM (51 replies)
  • thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 11:24 AM

I believe the reason for increased fees is the number of attorneys they have had to pay to come up with the reason not to include states and countries.  Just charge people a monthly fee and they can use whatever clubs and play whatever tournaments they want.  Who cares about the credits we will just play for pride.

1,644 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 11:26 AM

Well, I have to say I was waiting until Monday to determine if it was worth my time to get back into the game, but in light of the recent developments it seems that there is just not enough to motivate me to come back.  Guess I'll just wait and see what the next update brings.  It's too bad really, but if nothing has really changed, I'm still going to be bored, right?

Signed - Left out in the cold from Canada

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 11:45 AM

WGT-

I support your efforts. I pony up for the tools. I read the forums. I read the news. I visit the home page......therefore, in bold print so you can't miss it............

Where on this site is there anything, anything at all that says to participate in the tournament you need to be at your computer, looking specifically at the calender page at some particular time to be one of the first 50 to play? 2PM EST Sunday, the day before it starts, it's closed!!!!!!!

By all means, please point out my ignorance.

YJ

p.s., I'm in line for week 49

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 2:24 PM

YankeeJim:
    2PM EST Sunday, the day before it starts, it's closed!!!!!!!

It's obvious this is meant to be a "midnight clicking contest". You're supposed to stay up until midnight West Coast time, and then be among the first 50 folks to enter that tourney. What a great setup!    Reminds me of a football game in my city a few weeks ago: the stadium held 28 thousand, but 160 thousand wanted to get in; the tickets were only sold online; the minute the tickets went on sale, dozens of thousands of fans attempted to purchase a ticket, whereupon the servers crashed and no one could buy anything. Is this the way WGT's multi-round tournaments are going?

PS: If you let lawyers overrule common sense, they will.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 2:52 PM

LMAO-Too funny F. You are so right.

YJ

• AdamTurner
    103 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 4:44 PM

Where? Right here. This thread. You just read it. You just wrote it.

How much more evidence to do you need?

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 5:33 PM

Hi everyone, thanks for the feedback. As you've noticed, the wk 48 Multiround is a new tournament format that is paid, with a credit payout, and is limited to the first 50 entrants. We are testing this format, and appreciate your comments. Because the format is similar to the new match play challenges, the rules and restrictions are the same.

As we indicated last week, we will continue to monitor the free tournaments and may adjust the payouts in coming weeks.

Thanks,

Alex

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 6:00 PM

So, exactly how is a 2 round Stroke play tournament with 50 people payed out by WGT similar to a Match play challenge between 2 players?  You're going to have to do better than your previous explanation, because if people are to be excluded, they have a right to know exactly why, lest there be whispers of needless discriminatory practices at work.

Also, considering this tournament is open to the first 50 players, it would behoove you in the future to announce such a thing beforehand.  The only reason people know about this tournament at all is that some of us looked in the tournament list, saw the format, and posted it for all to see.  Many players would not have even seen this tournament tomorrow until all 50 positions were filled, and would wonder why they weren't informed of the format earlier.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 7:04 PM

tibbets:
    So, exactly how is a 2 round Stroke play tournament with 50 people payed out by WGT similar to a Match play challenge between 2 players?

Can't see any similarity myself. Seems like 2 totally different formats.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 7:09 PM

WGTalex:
    As you've noticed, the wk 48 Multiround is a new tournament format that is paid, with a credit payout, and is limited to the first 50 entrants. We are testing this format, and appreciate your comments

How do you comment on something you're excluded from? What is the sense of limiting the entries? Why didn't you announce this? What say you?

YJ

RSS