Forums

Help › Forums

Is this game fixed

Thu, Apr 11 2024 2:30 AM (113 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Wed, Oct 25 2023 9:34 AM

Fist2k8:
    Every tourney is the same 25 guys all hit 52 to 54 all with the same clubs and balls.

Given that results are not decided by random selection, this is exactly what one would expect to happen. Results are not simply a combination of having the best equipment and balls.

Results are also determined by the knowledge, skills, and disposition of the player. The players you routinely see at the top have both considerable knowledge and skills as well as the required disposition. While some players seem not to want to admit it, it's simply the case that some players are much better than others. 

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Wed, Oct 25 2023 10:40 AM

Robert1893:
    Results are also determined by the knowledge, skills, and disposition of the player. The players you routinely see at the top have both considerable knowledge and skills as well as the required disposition. While some players seem not to want to admit it, it's simply the case that some players are much better than others. 

So true, I may not have the best balls but I do have the best clubs but because I don't putt well my scores are not as good as they should be/

• BlackBogey
    292 Posts
    Wed, Oct 25 2023 11:45 AM

Fist2k8:

First you have to understand you are playing a computer that is set BIG TIME to favour the guys who have bought the best computer enhanced clubs. Every tourney is the same 25 guys all hit 52 to 54 all with the same clubs and balls.

What they allow in other tourneys like this weeks trick or treat competition. THE ROOKIE DIvISION won by a 120+ ranked player.......a rookie hasn't a hope in hell of even qualifying.

What the hell is a Champion allowed to play in a rookie up division.

How many times have you been drawn against a 120+ player and suddenly you can't sink a 6ft putt? Coincidence or are computers set to mess with lower raked players games?

Unless you are privy to the internal workings of WGT who knows.

If I had me way players would be kept to a division. Like "hack to pro" and so on.

My pet hate are T12 greens they are about as realistic as a$12 bill and should be scrapped

The computer is not "set BIG TIME" to favor the guys with the best equipment.  By definition you should expect to get better results with better equipment, just as you are likely getting better results with all your L90+ equipment than you did with you lower level gear I'd suspect?  Also, with your L90+ gear you should be very competitive playing from Master tees.  I would argue you have the unfair advantage, playing with nearly top of the clubs while enjoying the benefits of the forward tees you get.

If I had me way players would be kept to a division. Like "hack to pro" and so on.

In your above scenario, how in the world are Hacks supposed to compete with Pros?  That is totally unfair to the Hacks and they (and Ams for that matter) should rise up and demand their own tournaments!  And while you're complaining about it, I guess it's OK for YOU to play in that division against "rookies" (Hacks to Pro) while you are a Master with top line equipment, but not anyone else?

My pet hate are T12 greens they are about as realistic as a$12 bill and should be scrapped

Just because you can't putt on 12 greens doesn't mean that others don't like them and they should be scrapped.  I myself prefer 12 greens, but don't think all others should be scrapped, that's just silly talk.

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Wed, Oct 25 2023 1:58 PM

borntobesting:

Robert1893:

So true, I may not have the best balls but I do have the best clubs but because I don't putt well my scores are not as good as they should be/

I defo feel your pain.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,525 Posts
    Wed, Oct 25 2023 2:40 PM

Fist2k8:
    How many times have you been drawn against a 120+ player and suddenly you can't sink a 6ft putt? Coincidence or are computers set to mess with lower raked players games?

A wise man recently told me : "It is not a game to beat other people, it is a game to beat your last play and lower your avg. Don't worry what the next guy does."

Vincit omnia veritas.

Fist2k8:

Hold it until you get to play on 13+ greens. I'm sure you'll LOOOVE 14.5 ones. ;) 

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Wed, Oct 25 2023 7:26 PM

borntobesting:

Same here. I marvel at people who have 1-putt statistics of 70% or more. I just can't fathom being that good at putting. With putting, I've certainly hit my ceiling. 

I'm good enough to have the occasional really good round but bad enough to be surprised when it happens! 😀

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Wed, Oct 25 2023 7:28 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    Hold it until you get to play on 13+ greens. I'm sure you'll LOOOVE 14.5 ones. ;) 

😀

Personally, T12 is  my favorite speed for putting. For whatever reason, it just feels like the best speed to me.

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Wed, Oct 25 2023 7:28 PM

BlackBogey:
    I myself prefer 12 greens, but don't think all others should be scrapped, that's just silly talk.

+1

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Thu, Oct 26 2023 3:15 PM

Robert1893:

borntobesting:

Same here. I marvel at people who have 1-putt statistics of 70% or more. I just can't fathom being that good at putting. With putting, I've certainly hit my ceiling. 

I'm good enough to have the occasional really good round but bad enough to be surprised when it happens! 😀

I was lucky to hit the damn ball 70% of the time...let alone hole it. 

...that said, my 4 putt stats were quite efficient.:)

sayin'

RSS