Forums

Help › Forums

Out of Beta

Sat, Nov 14 2009 12:34 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Bravelight
    17 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 9:10 AM

When will WGT get  out of  Beta, And will we then have to pay? Some weird things can happen in the middle of a round. Any way, a fox has not yet  snatched my ball. BTW, are there any crocodiles? My compliments for a very realistic game.

best regards

Bravelight.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 9:47 AM

No payment necessary now or in future. No rush necessary, either, to get the game out of Beta. It's perfectly enjoyable as it is (for many of us, at least).

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 9:57 AM

Ditto to faterson, very enjoyable as is. Spent a few $$ on clubs & crocodile food (balls) so far.

• joko1
    2 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 2:50 PM

I tried to play in two ranked tournaments today and the system is so jicky that it really messed up my game, so I dropped out of both rather than post a horrid and atypical score.

when will they get enough server space to manage all this?????

joko1

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 3:45 PM

Extremely unlikely to have to do anything with "server space". The issue is often on the player's computer. Take a look at these recommendations. Take a look at this thread (all 3 pages of it).

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 3:50 PM

More relevant is the official response from WGT here.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:10 PM

Swing meter stuttering is primarily caused by two sources, internet connectivity and local machine availability of resources. 

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:41 PM

It goes without saying that if one has a slow machine and/or a slow internet connection, then gameplay would be affected greatly and more stuttering is likely to occur.

However, for those of us with great machines and great internet connectivity, the 2 "primary sources" do not apply.  It therefore follows logically that the primary sources for swing meter stuttering for us has little to do with anything based on the client-side, and that the real core issues of swing meter stuttering begins at the source.

Solving the source coding issues is what will make this game more playable to the masses on a regular basis.  Since so many of us experience the same problems with a variety of different machines and connectivity speeds all over the globe, the only logical conclusion is that the main issue lies at the source.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2009 3:21 AM

tibbets:
    Since so many of us experience the same problems with a variety of different machines and connectivity speeds all over the globe, the only logical conclusion is that the main issue lies at the source.

Not really! There'd be a hole in that logic. It could still be that for 95% of those who experience serious swingmeter issues, this is caused by local computer issues. Which doesn't mean the game couldn't be optimized on WGT's end; it definitely could.

WGTadmin2:
    Swing meter stuttering is primarily caused by two sources, internet connectivity and local machine availability of resources.

Not in reverse order? In this day and age of high-speed connectivity, I don't think many people will be experiencing connectivity issues. Especially folks with 6 Mbit or 20 Mbit lines posting such data to threads on meter stutter is absurd; that is several times more the speed required to play the game.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2009 4:36 PM

Background loading and connectivity speed are related.  If you have a slow connection, and you have background loading enabled on WGT, or if you are loading another internet page, app etc...  you will see stuttering in the swing meter.  So it is counter intuitive but to minimize swing meter stuttering on a slow connection you should disable background loading in the option panel. This will increase loading times but minimize stuttering.

Also if you have an application writing to your hard drive it is known to cause meter stutters.

Tibbets - your machine specs are indeed strong, however we suspect there is something else affecting your meter performance- maybe another app, browser plug-in, anti-virus, firewall configuration, etc... If you want please email us and we can dig into this further.

• PAGES
RSS