Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2020

Tue, Jan 12 2021 4:39 PM (1,625 replies)
  • jacktrade51
    10,901 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 7:42 PM

You will have our team in by the weekend.

Meanwhile, I just have to say the commitment to run a tournament like this through 6-8 weeks is very impressive.  I do some of those in my club, but with all the big clubs (not including us) so in for the pound, and over that many weeks … well,

Thank you.

Tom.

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 11:34 PM

jacktrade51:

You will have our team in by the weekend.

Meanwhile, I just have to say the commitment to run a tournament like this through 6-8 weeks is very impressive.  I do some of those in my club, but with all the big clubs (not including us) so in for the pound, and over that many weeks … well,

Thank you.

Tom.

thx tom

its been going fopr a few years now and it gets easier mate especially with the right team around you,

dot looks after the spreadsheets / checks all tiers and fills in the teams and i have to get up early to find some results to put in before dot gets up lol,

nigel is the genius that makes the spreadsheets so as we put a result in all the others update so we havent got to go from one to the other writing in results,the man is awesome

my job is to get the teams sort out any problems and generally be a nuisance to all captains lol.

i also look after the ctth winners/prizes

bit of work to start with but once the comp is running we just go into automatic mode and it doesnt stop

finny

• Leggoman13
    8,265 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 6:35 AM

Can we still register,

The Bushwackers would like to enter a team in this year

Pierre :o)

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 11:01 AM

Leggoman13:

Can we still register,

The Bushwackers would like to enter a team in this year

Pierre :o)

im sorry pierre but the spreadsheets have all been sorted now,we are ready to go with the 30 teams so sorry my friend maybe next year

finny

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 1:07 PM

JUST A QUICK UPDATE

I HAVE BEEN ASKED IF THIS IS A FLASH VERSION OR NEW PC VERSION FOR THIS YEARS WORLD CUP,

IT IS FLASH VERSION AS ITS THE LAST YEAR ON THIS FORMAT SO ALL PLAYERS ABIDE PLEASE,

ANY PROBLEMS LET ME KNOW BEFORE THE DRAW NEXT WEEK SO IT CAN BE SORTED,

ITS ONLY FOR A FEW MONTHS THEN WHOEVER HAS THE REST OF THE YEAR TO CARRY ON WITH THE NEW VERSION.

THANK YOU

FINNY

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 3:30 PM

PAULFINN52:

I HAVE BEEN ASKED IF THIS IS A FLASH VERSION OR NEW PC VERSION FOR THIS YEARS WORLD CUP,

IT IS FLASH VERSION AS ITS THE LAST YEAR ON THIS FORMAT SO ALL PLAYERS ABIDE PLEASE

Finny,

First and foremost, I have the utmost respect for you with the amount of time and effort you put into your incredible events. While I have not personally participated, I have taken the seat as a spectator over the years. So I am familiar with all of the hard work that goes on behind the scenes.

With that being said, I was hoping you could address a question that I have regarding future events. And by future I mean events that will take place after this year.

You may or may not be aware, that there a quite a few players that are reluctant to play the new PCEA version of the game. Whatever their personal reasons behind it are their own and I respect that.

However, I was curious if your future events will be strictly PCEA and/or Mobile? Will you be eliminating "flash-based" tournaments?

I apologize for the temporary hijack of your thread. I mean no ill intent.

Don

• Leggoman13
    8,265 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 9:49 PM

PAULFINN52:
    sorry my friend maybe next year

No sorry is needed Finny.

All good - will keep a closer eye on the thread next year.

good luck all and have fun.

:o)

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2020 11:37 AM

JUST A QUICK UPDATE

STILL WAITING FOR SQUADS TO BE SENT OVER BY THE 15TH FEB

THE TRANNIES X 4

BROOKLINE CC

EAST COAST

BLACK DIAMOND GC

LETS GET THEM OVER PLEASE

UPDATE ON THE CTTH FORUM

I HAVE PUT SOME HOLES AS TLS AND LEGENDS ONLY AS I FEEL I WANT TO REWARD THE LOWER TIERS ON THESE,NO CHS OR TCHS TO POST ON ANY OF THESE HOLES IT WILL NOT COUNT,

DONT FORGET THE SPECIAL PRIZES AS WELL ON THE RIGHT OF THE SPREADSHEET 

I WILL POST THEM ON HERE AS WE GO ON.

24 DAYS AND COUNTING TO KICK OFF 

FINNY

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2020 11:47 PM

nigel has made the spreadsheet for the world cup fixtures/tables ang squads

i have put it on the first page take a look

each one mirrors the other as we put results/players in its mindblowing lol

check out the tabs on the bottom left

finny

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2020 7:59 AM

QUICK UPDATE JEESH AM I THE ONLY ONE TALKING ON HERE LOL

NIGEL HAS ADDED ALL THE SQUADS TO THE SPREADSHEET ON THE FIRST PAGE

COURSES/FIXTURES/DATES/SQUADS

CLICK ON THE TAB

SQUADS/PLAYERS NUMBERS

YOU WILL FIND YOUR SQUAD AND EACH PLAYER WILL HAVE A NUMBER ATTACHED TO THEM,THIS STAYS FOR ALL THE COMP AND WHEN YOU CAPTAINS SEND ME YOUR TEAMS IT WILL BE SIMPLY PLAYER NUMBER NOTHING ELSE.

31 Jmithers

196 Tiewaz

235 PAULFINN52

PLEASE MAKE A NOTE AND SEND THEM THIS WAY.

THX 

FINNY

RSS