Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2020

Tue, Jan 12 2021 4:39 PM (1,625 replies)
  • seniorbruno
    719 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2020 2:59 AM

Group 1   Rd 2   Match 3

Nova C  vs  East Coast

Devonpa(440)    vs   Seniorbruno(169)

Had an enjoyable match with Devon. Really nice guy.  Close for a few holes, but it clearly wasn't his night. I was able to hit some close and not be frustrated by the wacky greens.

Seniorbruno with the win

• JDGHOST
    6,785 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2020 4:28 AM

Group Match 2

The Founders Club      vs     Trans Raiders

•   401 Blond1    63     Loss to    351 Blewbyou   59 
    •  Blond1 was 4.9 feet on #8 and Blewbyou got was 7 feet on #17. 
    • 399 sunrisegolfnut   Loss to   357 groverider1  
    • 400 bucknutz11777   loss to    354 Mbcarp99   
    • 391 JDGHOST       wins over    356 Herjavimi
    • 394 sonnymaxbo   loss to        353 darek2 
    • 397 HorhienNumcok  Draw with 355 Loiger
    • 402   RMChagin       loss to          350  TheAceFactor
  • duda51
    1,007 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2020 6:38 AM

Group 1  Round 2  Match 2

Deanbarr #32 v duda51 #21

Deanbarr wins with a score of 58 to my 60. Very well played Deanbarr, deserved winner, great battle on f9 but i failed to follow on b9. A great game with a sound bloke. Good luck going forward. D

• Trinbagoboy
    286 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2020 8:16 AM

Group 2 Match 2

Brookline vs TBR Titans

302 lzrgolfr vs 4 JoeMaverick 

58                   56

TBR Titans win

Below a quote from our player about match which echoes the sentiments of myself and my team.

"Just had a truly epic match with JoeMaverick.

Sadly I went down 56 to 58 with pars on the last two holes.

Got no complaints - only made one error and lost by two.

Never had a more even shot-to-shot comparison. It was like - "Here - beat that" every shot.

Great fun - classy guy. Quite the team they have there in the TBR Titans - yowsa.

GL all, Larry "

• DanC2807
    947 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2020 8:33 AM

Group 1   Rd 2   Match 3

Nova C  vs  East Coast

Devonpa(440)    vs   Seniorbruno(169)

Seniorbruno shoots a nice 59.  Devonpa conceded the match after hole 15.  John finished out his round to make it official.  

Good win, John!

Dan

• f1dget
    4,074 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2020 10:46 AM

TBR Titans vs Brookline CC.

I would just like to thank Robert and his team over at Brookline CC. All the games were played and completed well before the cut off date and every game was played in fine spirits. It was a pleasure Robert, again thank you and on behalf of myself and the TBR Titans team we would like to wish you and your team the very best of luck for the remainder of the World Cup.

Best wishes,

Jay.

• islandlar
    709 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2020 1:45 PM

Group 2    Round 2    Match 1    Tie# 4

carlosdev def islandlar 59 to 61

Varun played very well and steady with no big errors.  Islandlar had two very short putts and a pitch lip out, which made the difference.  Mostly close all the way.

• FarFoo
    2,915 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2020 2:05 PM

GROUP 5: ROUND 2

Match 2

tie 7

toni224 v FarFoo

I pretty much holed everything for first 14 holes & Toni meanwhile was getting the KIA robbery treatment from wgt, maybe 4 putts that could have dropped, was very ul day for him.
    FarFoo wins 56 vs 64

Well played Toni, score does not reflect how well you played at all.

gg

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2020 2:25 PM

Group 2 | Round 2 | Tie no 4

385 Carlosdev vs 157 Islandlar

Larry n I played our game today. It was a good great game. I got 2 strokes lead during the initial part of the game n then he managed to level it up towards hole 9. During that moment of time, I was bit shell shocked with my weird shots.

Then came the back 9, Larry started putting pressure on me by sinking birds which wasn’t easy at all. At that point of time, I had no choice but to stand upward n sink too n it was sunk by the love of sweet Kia greens. The putting journey continued n Larry really really had some ul putts which put me back in the lead n the story continued till the end.

Ty vm Larry. He was really a gentleman to workout with day n time. Big claps!! Perfecto..

The final scores are Carlosdev 59 and Islandlar 61

Before I say my Goodnight, Thanks each n everyone who tuned in to watch our game. Big support n it was fun n a great banter n definitely was a big relief especially as I was dealing with Kia. Appreciate each n everyone :) :) Congratulations to the winner who won the Stream CTTH as well :) :) My brain cant figure out who won it lol

Please note: I came back home naked being dingless lol n it wasn’t pretty :D lol

- Varun 

• Trinbagoboy
    286 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2020 2:30 PM

f1dget:

TBR Titans vs Brookline CC.

I would just like to thank Robert and his team over at Brookline CC. All the games were played and completed well before the cut off date and every game was played in fine spirits. It was a pleasure Robert, again thank you and on behalf of myself and the TBR Titans team we would like to wish you and your team the very best of luck for the remainder of the World Cup.

Best wishes,

Jay.

Thank you Jay

For the kind words and well wishes

We all enjoyed our matches immensely especially the company.

I love these kinds of matches as it is so much like walking the fairways on an afternoon with friends. Hitting the crap out of that rock and having a good laugh.

The only thing missing is a pint at the 19th after the game ha ha

Best of luck to you and your team in the coming matches from all of us here at Brookline CC

Regards

Robert

RSS