Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2020

Tue, Jan 12 2021 4:39 PM (1,625 replies)
  • f1dget
    4,074 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2020 9:54 PM

RANGER1988:

Would like to just say Thank You to Jay (Fidget) & all of the TBR Titan's Squad for an absolutely brilliant Match-up in round #1! 

There were no issues or problems getting the Matches scheduled and or arranged and all of our Forum's Match reports were spoken of high praise and enjoyment from all of you!

From all of us over at the Southern England Link's HAK's Locker Room, we wish you all the best of luck in your future Matches!

Thanks again,

Topper (RANGER1988)

Thanks Topper, 

Well done to your team for rolling up there sleeves and getting down to business. It was played in high spirits so a big thank you from the Titans for making it a fun and enjoyable round.

Best of luck to you and your team of HAK's moving forward, I'm certain your team will make you proud.

Warmest regards,

Jay

• masonvilla
    529 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2020 1:42 AM

TBR RHINO'S VS NOVA C

We got there in the end Greg lol, the team and I would like to wish you the best of luck for the rest of the world cup,all our matches were played in great spirit and that's how it should be, take care my friend.

Regards Ian 

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2020 4:30 AM

The  world cup  2020

Yo  all

Great start to the World Cup 2020, nearly all games completed on time but it’s not done till midnight tonight so maybe we will get them done.

Trying to think of any problems but nothing that much and the captains sorted it between themselves which is great for me.

I will put this at the top,

don’t forget the special ctth prizes please, a couple of them will run throughout the comp.

Just a quick re cap on the groups

Group 1 has the Rhinos taking full points with the Cold Cut Combos maybe getting theirs with one game to go. East Coast takes a comfortable third spot but plenty of golf to be played yet.

Group 2 Nova B and the Pirates sit joint op of the group winning 7 matches each and the Titans are third after losing a couple to the Haks,a lot of golf left in this group fighting for  those 3 places.

Group 3 has Nova A at the top which is expected but joined by SPL Steak and Chops they are dark horses with some good players,

Group 4 Founders and Indian Chiefs are 1 and 2 with the Chicks in third just beating the Raiders to 4th and Cosa are in 5th place which is a surprise, this is a really hard group to call at the moment, some very good teams chasing 3 spots.

Group 5 the Bandits are in 1st place with the Diablo’s 4 points behind, SPL Boobs and Babes lie in third,

It’s still early days so I expect some changes in positions as we go on through the rounds.

Right second round here we come

Round

16th March – 30th March

18 Holes Stroke play

Kiawah Island

Not my favorite course hence the reason I’ve dropped out, I just can’t get the yardages on this course and the greens are the hardest to read out of all courses to me, it could give you a very low score but start missing putts and it can soon rack up a score.

Any player with a +2 by their name  must  add  2 strokes to their final score,

RULES

Each match will be played to a win, draw lose no sudden death 18 holes,

Each match will have a 2 week timeline to complete

Any players refusing to play will forfeit their match,

Any matches not completed on time will be looked at by me and dotty and a decision made on the result depending on evidence supplied,

Once a match been played the result will stand so it’s up to all players to check the opponents tier before start of play,

I would suggest a 90sec shot clock with maximum timeouts, there’s no panic to get the game played and have a chat in-between,

If both players agree they can have 60 or 45 that would be their choice,

No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification

Any team members giving advice on any shots/putts to another player on any chat forum and found out, the player and the adviser will be disqualified from the rest of the comp.

Players please when posting results, I would like group number, teams and players please and a short post of the match,

Let’s keep the forum busy but no negative comments from anyone, if you have problem contact your captain first and they will contact the other captain, I don’t really want to be involved unless I have to.

Closest to the pin holes and prizes

Round 2
    16th march to 30th march
    kiawah island
    HOLE 2 CHARLIEH100 1 SLEEVE CLOSEST SECOND SHOT
    HOLE 5 F1DGET 1 SLEEVE TL AND LEGENDS ONLY
    HOLE 8 1IRONY 1 SLEEVE
    HOLE 14 1IRONY 1 SLEEVE
    HOLE 17 KENBTEXAS 1 SLEEVE

SPECIAL PRIZES
    AMISZO longest hole in one over whole comp 5 sleeves
    AMISZO longest holed out shot over whole comp 5 sleeves
    AMISZO longest putt over 20 feet over whole comp 5 sleeves
    AMISZO first double eagle 5 sleeves
    VENNA68 FIRST HOLED OUT BUNKER SHOT Titleist Vokey SM7 Wedge Range

That’s about it for now be happy and enjoy all players and have some fun out there.

Finny

ps matchups going in midday uk time

there is a small problem with the handicap between tiers on some group

TC/CH v L  +2    must add 2 shots to ther final score

TC/CH V L+  0

L+ V L   0

nigel will sort it later

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2020 5:15 AM

f1dget:

RANGER1988:

Would like to just say Thank You to Jay (Fidget) & all of the TBR Titan's Squad for an absolutely brilliant Match-up in round #1! 

There were no issues or problems getting the Matches scheduled and or arranged and all of our Forum's Match reports were spoken of high praise and enjoyment from all of you!

From all of us over at the Southern England Link's HAK's Locker Room, we wish you all the best of luck in your future Matches!

Thanks again,

Topper (RANGER1988)

Thanks Topper, 

Well done to your team for rolling up there sleeves and getting down to business. It was played in high spirits so a big thank you from the Titans for making it a fun and enjoyable round.

Best of luck to you and your team of HAK's moving forward, I'm certain your team will make you proud.

Warmest regards,

Jay

Hear Hear........ was a fun time by all woo hoo!... The best of luck in your future matches TBR and remember.... DANCE, DANCE, DANCE

• Stuman66
    244 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2020 6:18 AM

I won my match against Fourdeans 3up yesterday. I thought my captain reported it but it's not in the fixtures. Group 2, match 2

Thanks

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2020 7:18 AM

PAULFINN52:

there is a small problem with the handicap between tiers on some group

TC/CH v L  +2    must add 2 shots to ther final score

TC/CH V L+  0

L+ V L   0

nigel will sort it later

I've fixed that now. Apologies.

Nigel.

• vivian1234
    3,908 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2020 1:11 PM

GROUP 5 --- ROUND 1

SHOV'S MUCKERS   vs  SEL DIABLOS

86  SJM154     LOST 2 DOWN TO    PIPALA  241

Cheers,

Viv xx

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2020 1:23 PM

all matces completed so happy

thx to all captains/players

great start

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2020 2:13 PM

Left mine til the "witching hour" sorry but nipped a slender win in a most enjoyable match.

Results messaged to you Finny.

A shout out to Vivian and the Amigos for a fun filled first round and the best of luck to you going forward

Pip

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2020 3:09 PM

QUICK UPDATE

JUST HAD A MESSAGE THAT A GAME WAS PLAYING TODAY FOR THE SECOND ROUND,LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR NO GAMES TO BE STARTED TILL SUNDAY 15TH FROM MIDNIGHT UK TIME,

THEY WILL NOT COUNT AND WILL HAVE TO BE REPLAYED,

WE POST EARLY SO PLAYERS CAN GET INVITES OUT AND HAVE MORE TIME TO SORT THEIR GAMES OUT,

THX

FINNY

RSS