Forums

Help › Forums

Uneven Lies On Desktop

Fri, Jan 31 2020 9:07 AM (21 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 3:45 AM

I do find it very rude that wgt have not answerd this question that has been asked many times, not even a "we're not sure yet".

It seems to me that the possibilities include:

The mod's have not seen the question, no chance it's been asked in many threads some of which they've answered other things in.

They don't know yet, I doubt it or why not say so?

They know uel wont be included but aren't saying as some that will leave later may leave on hearing that. Even that seems unlikely, but I suppose less so than the other two. I think most would play it as long as they could, maybe not buy any equipment but that would seem unwise for anyone thinking of stopping playing this game at the end of this year anyway.

I find the lack of response odd and, as said, very rude.

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 4:07 AM

Maybe they find it not so good aspect of game, because it turned out so exaggerated, and anyone who enters game as new player , will avoid playing uel. But I (we) learned to play it like that, and now its only thing that makes game interesting for me... Maybe wgt looks at that slowly filling R-Go's and sees no more than 100 people playing it...

From my perspective I would turn whole game into uneven as only option to play golf...but who knows what WGT thinks of it... It would be nice if they really have some opinion :)

Nik

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 4:37 AM

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 5:16 AM

I hope for a new and improved version of the UEL format that's more realistic in terms of short play. I'm more than happy to spend some time and test versions to give feedback if the developers need it. 

With the eTour hopefully becoming a regular event in years to come (which is the European Tour's plan), and other "esports" formats like the Live Series, it would make sense to implement UEL as the format that's played there. Otherwise the whole thing becomes a bit of a joke as there's hardly any skill involved to play the EL version of the game. 

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 12:00 PM

birchi:

I hope for a new and improved version of the UEL format that's more realistic in terms of short play. I'm more than happy to spend some time and test versions to give feedback if the developers need it. 

With the eTour hopefully becoming a regular event in years to come (which is the European Tour's plan), and other "esports" formats like the Live Series, it would make sense to implement UEL as the format that's played there. Otherwise the whole thing becomes a bit of a joke as there's hardly any skill involved to play the EL version of the game. 

its good to hear a top WGT player looking for uneven lies in the desktop version, must better game on the uneven turf, you have to think more from the tee, the fairway and around the greens, just like real golf.

once i became a legend, around the year merion was released was the last time i played the regular even lies game, it got a bit boring and i needed a new challenge, i like the strategy and the thinking.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 12:38 PM

TopShelf2010:

salamicus:
    anyone who enters game as new player , will avoid playing uel

This is the point I have been saying for years.

By making the game more "easier". more people are likely to play.

More people = More Money

Don

It is indeed, many times and many threads.  What it contributes to a thread simply asking WGT if it will be included in the new version I'm not sure  For that reason I haven't really answered before.

Two points here.

Your quoted anyone who enters game as new player , will avoid playing uel   was followed by But I (we) learned to play it like that, and now its only thing that makes game interesting for me...

Nobody is suggesting that new players would go straight into uel and I doubt very much if many/any of us that enjoy it now did that. People that play uel tend to have learned the even lie game first and usually to a fair standard and then gone to uel as they want to find something more to the game.  To generalise again these tend to be long term customers that play/have played the game a lot.  These hypothetical new players that may not like uel shouldn't be trying it until they have some level of competance with the easier (not sure why you have that in quotation marks, do you doubt it's easier?) game.

So your By making the game more "easier". more people are likely to play.

More people = More Money 

is directed at what?

The new people you talk about can play even lies the whole time they are on here if that's what they want to do.  It may even be that some get a bit bored with that and want to try something different or just fancy a change from time to time. Or as Nik could tell you play it (like Miljan) as your friends do and get to enjoy it.  Whatever I really don't see how having uel available could mean less people playing.

This idea that as many more play even lie that is all there should be puzzles me.  I'm sure McDonalds sell a lot more Big Mac's than chicken or  vegie/vegan burgers (sorry not too good on their products) does that mean that's all they should sell?  Apparently Jonnie Walker is the best selling Scottish Whiskey, I'm very glad we don't concentrate all our production on that :-)

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2020 4:37 AM

That is beautiful elaborate with in depth analysis Alan, forum always place for a good read :) 

Players really not going straight into UEL..uel player needs to be shaped thru some time. When they released mobile platform, uel was never available on that. So, let's say that if majority of new players started playing on mobiles, we didn't get single one new uel player .I guess people that were buying some balls are those from mobile, not this old sharks that plays uel r-go's...

So now WGt is adapting our game to be compatible with that mobile game..and if they just put Uel in it it would be only for those old TChamps who didnt buy a sleeve of ball for money in last 3 years :)...Or they would have to introduce it properly as mode, put some tutorial for it etc...

With all that said, Im thinking we're just gona get "uneven lies" section in forum, where we can lie to eachother :)

Nik

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2020 5:37 AM

Lol, thanks Nik.  As always two things :-))

I still buy sleeves with money and it doesn't matter anyway, a sleeve used is a sleeve wgt have been paid for.  If you watched ad's/did a survey wgt was paid for that and if you won the credits in a rg someone else bought these credits (and lost them).  The op I'd think buys his sleeves as he enjoys playing mp games (as I see you know too) of uel.  I could even argue that rounds of uel uses more balls than rounds of darts :-)

salamicus:
    So now WGt is adapting our game to be compatible with that mobile game..and if they just put Uel in it it would be only for those old TChamps who didnt buy a sleeve of ball for money in last 3 years :)...Or they would have to introduce it properly as mode, put some tutorial for it etc...

They could put a tutorial in or those that wanted to could learn it as has been the case.  Marty gave a great description of the advantages of this mode and I concede that the majority that would like to keep uel would like to see it changed, along the lines Simon described   Personally I'd rather see it changed very little as I'd fear it becoming another slide rule game ;-))

Anyway as always I've strayed from the point which was that WGT are simply ignoring the question,of whether or not there will be uel, have I mentioned how unbelieveably rude I find that?

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2020 6:47 AM

The problem with UEL is that it is no where near being realistic. As a golfer who has played well over 60 years I can safely say I have never seen a sidehill lie so steep that it overrode a 30 mph wind or a sidehill lie near the green so steep that you had to play the ball so far to the left or right to compensate for the lie. Those are just 2 of the things that make UEL so unrealistic. If it were more realistic many more players would play it. I haven’t played it except a couple of CC tourneys since the  special UEL tourney they had a few years ago when I saw just how unrealistic it really was. And there must be a reason that they have never put it on mobile. Like maybe it’s not compatible with Unity. 

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2020 6:47 AM

DodgyPutter:

Anyway as always I've strayed from the point which was that WGT are simply ignoring the question,of whether or not there will be uel, have I mentioned how unbelieveably rude I find that?

yeah i agree, very rude, its a simple question, yes, no or maybe, all they have to do is pick one

RSS