Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Desktop Early Access for Mac

Sat, Nov 25 2023 10:05 AM (290 replies)
  • leewebb
    48 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 7:22 AM

What size screen are you using and at what resolution?

You should be able to find a setting that works for you.

• janwm69
    2 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 7:33 AM

I only have a problem with St. Andrews course the rest of the courses are working fine.

I have tried different screen resolutions but none of them work. It does work on the iOS app and the web version just not the desktop version.
    thanks 😊  
  • dharmacat
    2,172 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 7:55 AM

leewebb:

What size screen are you using and at what resolution?

You should be able to find a setting that works for you.

As I said in my post, I started out as full screen and high res, then tried to go down to 4 x 3 I think....that is when the problem started...screen view got smaller, but I can't see the bottom or any of the settings to change it back...even when I deleted the program and reinstalled,  5 5 times now!

• Tgkomv
    617 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2020 5:01 AM

I've been playing quite a few rounds now on the new version for Mac. Everything is working well. The only suggestion I have is that a full-screen option button be added. It already exists in the Flash version. I use an onscreen calculator and spreadsheet to do my calculations and then I switch to full-screen to take my shot. The meter is much smoother in full-screen. It would be nice if that option existed in the new version.

The 4x3 resolution window is extremely small. It's hard to play using such a small window. But it does look nice in full-screen. Many players suggest using that resolution to have a better chance at hitting the ding. The 16x9 (1920x1080) offers a very sharp picture, but the meter is stretched out and it is very hard to hit the ding. But this also looks very nice in full-screen. It would be nice if we could change to full-screen window and back with a simple click of a button.

Thanks! Cheers, Tom

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2020 6:03 AM

@Tgkomv

In the Mac, why don't you simply add a second space (or virtual desktop), and then run the game in full screen mode in that space while having your other open apps in the first space. 

You could then easily swipe between the two. If I recall correctly, with a Mac, you can run up to 16 spaces. 

Edit: Actually, you don't even need to do that. Sorry, I don't play it on my Mac. I had to download it to play with it some. Just run the game in full-screen mode to begin with. It places it in a second space automatically. 

Again, you can swipe between the full mode version and your primary space or desktop. If you click on the mission control button, you can see the two desktops or spaces. 

• sharklife
    441 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2020 11:53 AM

I simply cannot decrease the screen size of the WGT application on my MACBOOK PRO anymore. Even using Mission Control, this appears:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlCpznT3DOVYkSya8-HKq-OsIC7p?e=HBkb11

And when I click on the WGT app, what appears is this:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlCpznT3DOVYkSth-k0ARqp96ynS?e=kB1r1n

And that way the App is unplayable. I uninstalled the App and installed it again, but nothing changes. Can anyone help me with this?

How do I change this WGT App configuration?

I'll be very thankfull!

Sharklife, Marcos

• iKev
    366 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2020 2:01 PM

At this point, you'll need to change the resolution for your MacBook Pro display. 

Go to system preferences and click on "Displays"

Look for "Resolution" which should have two choices:"Default for display" and "Scaled"

Select "Scaled"

Under "Scaled" you should see four boxes with different size text in each.

Select the one farthest to the right.  The words "More Space" should be under that choice.

Once you do that, your monitor will be big enough to accommodate your current screen setting in the WGT app.  The screen won't be big enough to contain it all, but it will give you access to the icon at the bottom that you click to get to the options.  I'm guessing you have yours set at 1920 x 1080.  Pick any one of the other three choices and you should be fine. I currently play at 1366 x 768 with fullscreen off and using the second box from the right in the Displays/Resolution/Scaled choices I mention above.  It does not fill my entire screen, but it fills most of it.  I have found it plays smoother for me without selecting fullscreen.  You can fullscreen if you want.  Try different display and WGT resolution choices until you get the one that works best for you.

Hope that helps.  Mine is also a MacBook Pro and this worked for me. 

• sharklife
    441 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2020 5:52 PM

Thank you very much! Your tips were fantastic and helped me solve the problem. Now, everything works fine. But, my monitor resolution was at most 1440 x 900, and that was not enough. My monitor did not have the resolution you suggested: 1920 x 1080. But this suggestion led me to try to connect the notebook to a device with a different resolution. And I made the connection with an Apple TV. Because of this, I got a higher resolution, which was enough to be able to access the WGT App configuration and reduce the game's resolution to 4 x 3, because before it was 16 X 9. With that, I solved the problem. But I only thought about it, after your suggestions. Thank you. I hope that we will meet there, in some game. Be alright!

Sharklife, Marcos

• RickinWaSt
    2,072 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2020 7:35 AM

I recently started WGT on May 1st. I'm a little late to the discussion on the new (?) Flash versions for both the PC and Mac. After reading the posts this year...

Question: Would I have the new "Flash" version downloaded on my Mac Pro when I join on May 1st? I looked at the "About WGT Golf" drop down menu, but there was no version or other information. 

Question: If I need to download the "Flash" version will I have two WGT programs on my desktop? 

Question: Is there a link that details the differences with the "Flash" version?

Thanks!

• carlosdev
    2,529 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2020 8:00 AM

Tgkomv:
    The 4x3 resolution window is extremely small. It's hard to play using such a small window. But it does look nice in full-screen. Many players suggest using that resolution to have a better chance at hitting the ding. The 16x9 (1920x1080) offers a very sharp picture, but the meter is stretched out and it is very hard to hit the ding. But this also looks very nice in full-screen. It would be nice if we could change to full-screen window and back with a simple click of a button.

I concur with you Tom

Wish they give us free screen size as well.

Please note: Tom owes me approximately 3000 Beer cans n counting !!!! 

RSS