Forums

Help › Forums

Green Speed

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 21 2020 9:13 AM (32 replies)
  • davem58
    11 Posts
    Sun, Nov 17 2019 5:38 AM

I think it's very unfair and takes away the quality of the game when your putting speed is defaulted to certain speed (ie: fringe speed). That should be left up the player just like other clubs you use. the putting speed for everyone should universal.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Nov 17 2019 10:53 AM

davem58:

I think it's very unfair and takes away the quality of the game when your putting speed is defaulted to certain speed (ie: fringe speed). That should be left up the player just like other clubs you use. the putting speed for everyone should universal.

You get used to the speed of the greens. I'm closing in on Champion Tier and I will get 14.5 greens. 12 greens are a gift to me.

It takes a a week or two to get used to them. Keep plugging and you will get it down.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Nov 18 2019 4:54 AM

Ever play golf real early in the day when there is still a trace of dew? Ever play in the afternoon of a bone dry August day? Ever play late in the day when the greews were mowed at 8 AM?

There is NO universal green speed!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Nov 18 2019 5:34 AM

HackWilson1930:

Ever play golf real early in the day when there is still a trace of dew? Ever play in the afternoon of a bone dry August day? Ever play late in the day when the greews were mowed at 8 AM?

There is NO universal green speed!

I used to play in Florida and real wet in the morning and lightning fast about 10:AM.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 18 2019 10:53 AM

DonCaron:
    You get used to the speed of the greens. I'm closing in on Champion Tier and I will get 14.5 greens.

No you won't, 13 greens is as high as it goes for default speed, including TC. Some of the weeklies have 14-14.5.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Nov 18 2019 2:27 PM

YankeeJim:
    No you won't, 13 greens is as high as it goes for default speed, including TC. Some of the weeklies have 14-14.5.

Thank You I play the weeklies for the Inter Club Tournament. I get 14 now on the 9 Hole Single. 

I know the 14.5 greens await.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 18 2019 4:24 PM

DonCaron:

Await what? They're already here. What are you talking about?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Nov 19 2019 12:12 PM

YankeeJim:

DonCaron:

Await what? They're already here. What are you talking about?

The most I get is 14 in the 9 hole single play. I wish we could practice them instead of once a week. I'm at tour legend now and wont be to long until Champion.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 19 2019 1:35 PM

DonCaron:
    I'm at tour legend now and wont be to long until Champion.

So? Nothing changes when you get there.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 6:15 AM

YankeeJim:

DonCaron:
    I'm at tour legend now and wont be to long until Champion.

So? Nothing changes when you get there.

Just more competition. Tour Legend is just a short Layover to Champion. Not many players stay at Tour  Legend very long. And with Tour Champion now Champion might be the same way.

RSS