Forums

Help › Forums

Match Play Disconnects

Wed, Nov 11 2009 5:11 AM (9 replies)
  • GearJrk
    3 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2009 8:54 AM

Is there anyway that we can change the process when a person disconnects from a match-play round.  I've had three people recently disconnect.  All three were losing the match and were having a bad hole.  The process of me sitting for 5 minutes b/c the person didn't want to finish the round punishes me more than it punishes the person who disconnected. 

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2009 10:42 AM

in the ideal world, if a player clicks the red X in the top right corner of their browser, it would be treated as "forfeit match"....until then, its a 5 min wait.

sadly, some players intentionally opt for the red X, hoping you don't have the required  patience and will award them the win by default.

gl

• GearJrk
    3 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2009 10:54 AM

Exactly.

• DuffyWaldorf
    286 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2009 7:13 PM

at least it isnt 10 minutes anymore

yet accidental disconnects DO happen and it's only fair to give the cheapskate loser a chance to reconnect

happy golfing

• GearJrk
    3 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 5:45 PM

Well,

I just sat thru another 5 min fun period.

As a person who travels a lot and sometimes has crappy connections, I'll accept the "loss" on my record.  Having to sit for 5 mins b/c you're winning a match is ridiculous and punishes the wrong person.

ok...rant off.  Gotta go find another match play partner so he can disco on me again :)

Fairways and Greens

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 6:48 PM

If the quitters bother you come and join the ladder. The games are played here but tracked there.

LINK

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2009 4:03 AM

GearJrk:
    s there anyway that we can change the process when a person disconnects from a match-play round

how about the leader at the disconnect is the winner

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2009 4:17 AM

oops, meant

how about the loser at the time of disconnect is the loser of the game

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2009 5:00 AM

I swear I will get this right

If you are losing, and you disconnect, then the match ends, and you lose

You see, 3 times but I got it right

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2009 5:11 AM

The Ladders site employs a simpler rule: as long as 3 holes have been played in a match, the disconnected player is the loser of the game, no matter the reason for disconnection or the standings of players at the moment of disconnection. Seems to work just fine, there have been hardly any complaints about this rule so far from the nearly 600 players signed up on that site.

RSS