Forums

Help › Forums

Roar of the crowd

Tue, Nov 17 2009 6:24 PM (9 replies)
  • Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:09 PM

I just started playing WGT and have to say what a great game....  though I kinda miss the oooh's and aaaah's of the crowds that you used to get on console golf games back in the day. You know that roar of the crowd when you sink a 45 footer makes you smile inside lol

Any chance of something like that?

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2009 7:06 AM

according to quantum theory, anything you can imagine has a chance...its more a matter of probabilities.

the probability of this happening is about equal to us hearing birds chirping on our back swing.

gl

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2009 8:32 AM

molideha:

according to quantum theory, anything you can imagine has a chance...its more a matter of probabilities.

the probability of this happening is about equal to us hearing birds chirping on our back swing.

gl

Id like to hear birds chirping on my backswing and maybe some sounds of merriment coming from the clubhouse as I approach the 18th lol. It would all, imho, add to my immersion in the game.

Either way a nods as good as a wink to a blind horse eh......

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2009 8:44 AM

A potential implementation trouble with roaring crowds is that there is no one in WGT's HD photographs to make that roar. All the courses are glorious, deserted landscapes. All of our players are Robinson Crusoes, and even in multi-player games, you never catch a glimpse of your fellow players – only their golf balls or markers.

The roars and moans would be nice. We'd just have to accept the unrealistic part of it, that the crowds can't be seen anywhere. But there already are similar unrealistic features of this game that we've learned to accept as givens, such as trees never swaying in wind; immovable, non-reflective water surfaces; the physical absence of fellow players in multi-player games as described above, etc.

(It's much easier to oblige Mr. Boo's birds request, because we don't necessarily need to see birds to believe they are there.)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2009 9:09 AM

Faterson:

(It's much easier to oblige Mr. Boo's birds request, because we don't necessarily need to see birds to believe they are there.)

Looks like we need to take matters into our own hands again!!  

(A bird in the hand?)

Here ya go Mr. Boo.

Click Here,  download backgroundbirds.wav,  and play it in Winamp in repeat mode while playing WGT.

Warning: Running Winamp backgroundbirds.wav been known to cause occasional meter lag. (less than I expected) Use at your own risk in ranked play.

• DuffyWaldorf
    286 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2009 6:57 PM

1st thing i thought of when i caught the title...the offspring of MrBoo

Happy golfing all

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2009 10:45 AM

Forgive my ignorance but who is Mr Boo? People keep mentioning him.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2009 10:50 AM

Birds-enchanted site user.

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2009 6:14 PM

Faterson:

Birds-enchanted site user.

yup, that about sums it up.

tweet tweet

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2009 6:24 PM

Hey!  Good to see Mr. Boo show up.  Question:  Is your name connected at all to the sports fans who boo the home team and are known as "boobirds"?

RSS