Help › Forums

New 64 degree 60 yard wedge.....please!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 14 2019 3:15 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Mitch2992
    205 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 6:08 AM

WGT, Champion, the powers that be. Let me first say, impressed with some of the new equipment. Thought you had forgotten about the higher level players....I was wrong. Kudos! Now on mine and many guys I know.....CHRISTmas wish list is that you finally, please create/introduce a 64 degree “60 yard” wedge that has a slower meter speed than the 3.5 Cleveland. 4 to 4.4 or 4.5 meter would be awesome, and in line with every other club in my bag. I look at many guys equipment and they have 2 Mac Daddies, or the new Callaway grind version (same attributes), then they, as I do carry the 64 degree 60 yard Cleveland. The Cleveland is a very good club...but....the 3.5 meter speed can throw of my approach shots, being that all my other clubs are now 4.4-4.5 meter speed. I know and have bought the 64 degree Max wedge, however it’s 50 avg distance just doesn’t work for the vast majority. I speak for many players I know. We would gladly/quickly snatch up a wedge with the attributes I discussed in a hot second....and personally I would pay double. Please consider this (take 2 whole days if you need 😂) and based on the trend of slower meter clubs throughout the pro shop and even the new level 101 slow meter ball (thanks👍) I’m assuming you can see the interest and benefit. Thanks for your time!

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 9:54 AM

+1,000. It seems like a no brainer. Good for us, lots of wedge sales wgt! And we know cally does produce a 64 in the pm grinds!!!!!

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 1:55 PM

Mitch2992:

WGT, Champion, the powers that be. Let me first say, impressed with some of the new equipment. Thought you had forgotten about the higher level players....I was wrong. Kudos! Now on mine and many guys I know.....CHRISTmas wish list is that you finally, please create/introduce a 64 degree “60 yard” wedge that has a slower meter speed than the 3.5 Cleveland. 4 to 4.4 or 4.5 meter would be awesome, and in line with every other club in my bag. I look at many guys equipment and they have 2 Mac Daddies, or the new Callaway grind version (same attributes), then they, as I do carry the 64 degree 60 yard Cleveland. The Cleveland is a very good club...but....the 3.5 meter speed can throw of my approach shots, being that all my other clubs are now 4.4-4.5 meter speed. I know and have bought the 64 degree Max wedge, however it’s 50 avg distance just doesn’t work for the vast majority. I speak for many players I know. We would gladly/quickly snatch up a wedge with the attributes I discussed in a hot second....and personally I would pay double. Please consider this (take 2 whole days if you need 😂) and based on the trend of slower meter clubs throughout the pro shop and even the new level 101 slow meter ball (thanks👍) I’m assuming you can see the interest and benefit. Thanks for your time!

I feel your pain buddy. Although I have 2 of the PM grind wedges, but without the 64 degrees, I switched to all Vokeys/Cleveland’s instead. I have the PM in my bag till we get the 64.

• milwsteve
    89 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 3:34 PM

Calloway made a 64 degree PM grind wedge none so far they probably had one when they had the mack daddy Calloway wedges I have the Volkey 64degree wedge until they come out with a Calloway 64 degree wedge.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 7:49 PM

Mitch2992:
    We would gladly/quickly snatch up a wedge with the attributes I discussed in a hot second....

Totally agree.  

• verdexon
    239 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 8:19 PM
    Mitch2992:

You play with a 4.2 ball and you can't handle a 3.5 wedge.......LOL
  • borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 11:45 AM

Even Cleveland's latest wedge the RTX-4 has no 64 degree. 62 degree is as high as it goes, More and more companies are dropping the 64 degree and many only go as high as 60 degree, 

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 11:59 AM

Agreed. I'd like to upgrade from my MM 64 degree 50 yarder, but it gets the job done fairly well. 

and being a 50 yard club, I can do the math in my head)

:^)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 12:30 PM

They do make a Mack daddy 2019 PM grind 64° wedge.  Not sure why they can't add them here.

https://www.callawaygolf.com/golf-clubs/wedges/wedges-2019-mack-daddy-pm-chrome.html#product-specs

Heck,  I don't even care what brand it is.   WGT should just make a 60 yard Max 64 degree with same specs but slower meter to match the top stuff.  Seems like easy sales to me, just to match up meter speed.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 1:29 PM

verdexon:
    Mitch2992:

You play with a 4.2 ball and you can't handle a 3.5 wedge.......LOL

What may work for you, not necessarily works for everyone. I use 5.0 meter ball, and I couldn’t even catch it most of the time. For me it’s the age factor, eyes aren’t as good.

• PAGES
RSS