Forums

Help › Forums

veteran & higher level player feedback section

Wed, Nov 13 2019 3:28 PM (146 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 10:50 AM

Young46:
        Add credit rooms (similar to coin rooms)

Awesome List. I like this one

• pmm711
    5,520 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 5:08 PM

DonCaron:

Young46:
        Add credit rooms (similar to coin rooms)

Awesome List. I like this one

+1...as long as they don't allow apparel upgrades into those rooms...and I think I read somewhere in these forums that apparel upgrades were going to be allowed in all modes of game play.  WGT has to rethink that one.  I understand their logic as you won't have to have 2 sets of mapping for your clubs, but, you never know what you're playing against until they start hitting shots.

Green speed being known from the 1st tee would be nice too.  They vary games so much from 7.9 to 12 that you have to hope your first approach is spot on.  And why do the green speeds stop at 12 on the mobile version?  Of course, if you setup a tourney on PC with higher green speeds they carry over to mobile, but, you can't choose those green speeds in mobile if you set the tourney up there.

• Firstmrmax
    824 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 7:05 PM

I hesitate to ask this, because maybe it's  a stupid question or even more , somebody else must have asked this, but I did not see it.

It obviously is a lot of work to make this cartoonish pc version, so why is "Mr Flash" or whoever created Flash , who will no longer support it, the only person on earth who can create a similar version of Flash. 

Is there a patent on it?  How about a Chinese clone knock off version or ????????

I can't believe that with all the advances in Technology in 2020 we are going go so far backwards  with Video golf  that looks like a little kids game.

When was Flash created?  No one else in the world knows how to make a program similar or at least almost a good as Flash?

And if so why would Adobe abandon the best thing since sliced bread?

For real. can some one enlighten a non techie guy like me?

Thanks, Max

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 1:49 PM

Hey Max,

nice logical question, I ll try to answer..but Im no expert :)

Flash is ,I believe more complex thing..It 's like a platform for games, and other stuff...It takes much longer time to write and develop than ordinary game. So, they had to choose one of other available platforms. Im not sure , but I think its called "unity". Probably many games use it this days. Seems flash was more for that type of game wgt made...Photography, and avatar. Now they transferred that to new platform..but it seems needs lot of tweaking to make it what was on flash...

Nik

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 11:03 PM

Firstmrmax:
    And if so why would Adobe abandon the best thing since sliced bread?

They couldn't keep up with the vulnerabilty. 

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Sun, Nov 10 2019 3:48 PM

I do not believe that the problem is only due the platform that is being used, although we must bear in mind that the mechanics of this game was created using Flash features, the Unity engine is very good, one of the most popular in recent years, in fact one of the best current Golf games (TGC19) was created on the Unity engine

I think the failures are due to two major causes, on the one hand the port that was made of this game a few years ago using Unity was designed for mobiles, a copy-paste to use this game on this new platform (mobiles) and win more customers, ok ... it seems fine, but the fact of having used this previous copy and re-carrying it on PC is a mess

In terms of playability this game continues to maintain the mechanics of using photographs to represent the fields, it does not should have difficulty adapting, but IF this company had deigned to create a PC game from scratch, maintaining the mechanics... but with a development designed to be executed on PC, NOT a mobile game on PC

I don't know if any of the original developers continue in the wgt-topgolf staff, I guess not, but they should feel ashamed of how they re-developed this game on PC

There is another sports game (tennis) that uses this feature, photographs to represent the courts, and the gameplay is very good, but,...It was developed from scratch and with the mentality to recreate its mechanics as faithfully as possible

It is clear that the opposite is happening here,...''let's throw this cr@p that we have copied from flash to use on mobiles and copy it again to use it on PC, these id1ots will continue to pay every week for goodies in a game that does not even represent what Golf is''

Good luck...

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Sun, Nov 10 2019 4:34 PM

LEDzZzEPP:

It is clear that the opposite is happening here,...''let's throw this cr@p that we have copied from flash to use on mobiles and copy it again to use it on PC, these id1ots will continue to pay every week for goodies in a game that does not even represent what Golf is''

Lol...from this description ,you can imagine wgt developers as bunch of evil goblins, laughing and rubbing their hands

Sometimes I feel like idiot, but need to play something golf like. Would gladly play TGC19, but dont have neither cpu for that, nor console. Let's hope that until this new game is fully ready to replace flash game, most of it will be improved

Nik

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sun, Nov 10 2019 8:10 PM

Wish they'd add the sound effect when changing putter scales. That way I'll hear when I accidentally change them LOL.  And it can bite you in the butt if you don't pick the correct putter scale when changing between forward and reverse view. I like to pick the scale first but then it changes between the views.

Not that I use it too often, but add the notebook too unless I just haven't found it yet lol.  

Honestly though, so far I'm starting to like it more and more.  Especially with Mr. Hope's AHK to be able to see the taskbar while playing it. 

• treebeard
    227 Posts
    Sun, Nov 10 2019 9:45 PM

salamicus:

LEDzZzEPP:

Lol...from this description ,you can imagine wgt developers as bunch of evil goblins, laughing and rubbing their hands

Sometimes I feel like idiot, but need to play something golf like. Would gladly play TGC19, but dont have neither cpu for that, nor console. Let's hope that until this new game is fully ready to replace flash game, most of it will be improved

Reply:-

Tgc19 or #2 is available for PC on the steam platform. You can design your own courses. In fact you will find every course we play on wgt there too. Move one tree or squeeze the fairway by a foot and there is no copyright/licence.

But,..there is no way to control the ball with spin. (in any of the 3 versions now).

And yes,this is built using Unity. Cpu @3.2 Ghz will suffice.

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 1:57 AM

treebeard:

But,..there is no way to control the ball with spin. (in any of the 3 versions now).

Spin is overrated :) There just is no spin like you see in WGT.. They presented it like adding spin on billiard cue ball.. In tgc2019 you have high loft shot for more spined ball, and lower loft...also with left and right for draw and fade..which is more real golf stuff

some example

nice example 2

Nik

RSS