Forums

Help › Forums

Mysterious Tourney WD

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 24 2019 10:45 AM (2 replies)
  • HalHoff
    781 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2019 8:36 AM

Have a member that completed 2nd round of a 4 round club  tourney. His score of 62 is posted on the leaderboard. He said after round he exited and looked at leaderboard. Went back a little later and check leaderboard again and there is a WD next to his name.

Round 3 has not started yet. How can he have a completed round with posted score and a WD on the final 2 rounds that haven’t started yet? Round 3 doesn’t even begin til tomorrow.

The club tourney is Tour#14 Course Champ @ RSG

*I’ve emailed WGT and will post their reply

• carlosdev
    2,526 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2019 9:02 AM

There is one direction to it. This is one scenario.

When your member was playing the tournament, he or she might have minimised the mobile app and then, once the tournament was finished, he or she full-sized the already minimised mobile app and then, the app would have asked, if he or she wants to continue the tournament or not.

As obvious it is that the tournament was already completed through PC, your member might have clicked the option to WD.

So, right now, through PC, the round is already completed but according to the mobile application, it is "WD"

So, that's how it was happened. 

And right now, if the tournament was only 2 rounds, he or she would have won the credits as per the score even though it shows WD. 

- CD

• HalHoff
    781 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2019 10:45 AM

Thank you Carlos, I’m guessing you are right.

On Mobile, you don’t have the ability to hit a Withdraw button after round is completed. A box does come up with 2 buttons, Share Scorecard and Continue. My guess is he exited the screen before hitting that button to go check the complete leaderboard via WGT.com on Safari ( From the mobile game leaderboard, you can only view the Top 20 in any Tournament so that’s why one would go to the online leaderboard). 

He must of closed or not of come back to the mobile WGT game app before clicking that CONTINUE button so his score registered but can’t continue now thus the Unintentional WD

RSS