Forums

Help › Forums

The last update ruined the game for me

Tue, Nov 3 2009 7:27 AM (5 replies)
  • phatsOh
    4 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 6:19 PM

OK. I did what you wanted and moved up to a premium putter, which had some improvement over the default putter, now useless since your last update.

Even with the premium putter, there is no fun in playing any more. The amount of precision required to putt successfully is too difficult.

I have no doubt that countless egos are about to declare that they still rock and I'm a wuss etc. Fair enough. For months I've played and enjoyed this game. Now, I don't enjoy it anymore. I'm a wuss.

Good luck. Maybe someday you'll sell an even more expensive putter that has the control required by your new fast greens.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 6:34 PM

Putting isn't harder, the putter still forgives, get used to the greens, it's not that hard... I only putt about 24 times a round.

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 11:35 PM

I can have some sympathy with you here. Since the introduction off faster greens my putting hasn't been too good either. The thing thats throwing me, is that some off them seem to be fast then it appears some off them are standard,so i am un-sure off weather to hit it with less power or hit it with the same power like i did before the up-date. It also seems like you have to allow more break now,as before on the standard greens if you had a 3fter you could hit through the break, but now it appears you have to adjust for the beak. This could be the reasons why you are missing the smallest of putts. We are all having to adjust to this, but some players adjust quicker than others. Stick with it PhatsOh

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2009 5:00 AM

cobra4:
    The thing thats throwing me, is that some off them seem to be fast then it appears some off them are standard,so i am un-sure off weather to hit it with less power or hit it with the same power like i did before the up-date.

That's true. I have missed quite a few short putts because of that. (But so have my opponents.)

cobra4:
    We are all having to adjust to this, but some players adjust quicker than others.

Yup.  

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2009 6:07 AM

phatsOh.. I have been on here for about 7 months or so, and at this moment in time i have seemed to hit a brick wall and can't seem to get any better and it is very frustrating to say the least. 1 day i can shoot a -4 then the next a +8. These great players have been around for 1-2 years, thats why they are so good and they practise a hell of a lot. Looking at your playing history you need to play a lot more than you do to be real good, (me as well) . I have seen some players play up to 15 x 9 hole games a day,now thats sereous practising,and they have every right to be good. Practise,Practise,Practise is the way to go forward.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2009 7:27 AM

phats-e-mail me if you want a TWO key-I think they're after your type over there. You can score way under par your first try.

This isn't a smart-ass response, I just think TWO might be more suited to you and it's hard to get an invite to test their beta. (I tried it for 3 swings and ditched it.)

YJ

RSS