Forums

Help › Forums

Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom Putter Bug

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 25 2020 4:45 AM (24 replies)
  • Skippyjammer
    18 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2019 3:52 PM

For some reason when I have a putt of between 30-35', I calibrate my putt to that distance and it goes 60'+. I didn't think much about it at first but now it's doing it fairly consistently. 

SkippyJammer

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2019 6:08 AM

Skippyjammer:

For some reason when I have a putt of between 30-35', I calibrate my putt to that distance and it goes 60'+. I didn't think much about it at first but now it's doing it fairly consistently. 

SkippyJammer

Which increment setting are you using when playing these putts ?

• Skippyjammer
    18 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2019 9:45 AM

Between 70 to 75% percent on a 12 speed green with the putter set to the 30' phase. I know from the practice green these putts will usually go 30-35'

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2019 10:01 AM

Since its a new putter try clearing the cache and deleting the cookies and restarting the game . Sometimes reloading the files will fix the problem when using new clubs . This should also be done after every update as well . Also after an update it may take the game a day or two to settle down and play properly again . And double check the putter increments when putting .

Usually when the distance of the putt is 30`+ the game will increase the increments . So instead of using the 30ft increment the game will set the putt using the 60ft. increment instead .This will cause you to mis hit your putt the way you intended . So always double check your increments before putting ..

• Skippyjammer
    18 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2019 11:21 AM

Thank you. I'll let you know if this does not work.

• Skippyjammer
    18 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2019 10:57 AM

I'm still experiencing this bug with the game. Whenever I have a 30' putt it will automatically double the distance. I followed all of the steps you gave me but it didn't fix it. Please advise. I've also tried putting on the 60' meter but it doesn't help.

• Skippyjammer
    18 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2019 11:00 AM

I'm still experiencing this problem. I cleared my cache and cookies but it didn't do anything. Whenever I have a 30' putt, it will double the distance so what I've calibrated to be a 30' putt will go 60'. Very frustrating.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2019 11:16 AM

Not allowing for "any" uphill or downhill, just level...I would hit that putt at about 22-23 ft!

I use ft. not % with my putts....so 75% on a 30ft scale should be about right....

• Skippyjammer
    18 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2019 11:19 AM

Thanks for your input Fatdan. But a 100% variance in distance is rather large. And outside of this 30' putt, I have rather good touch with speed on the greens. 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2019 11:29 AM

NP, all I am saying is your hitting it right, no reason to go 60ft...

I bought a Nike putter "years" ago that had messed up distances on certain scales, just on certain courses or certain holes, had to return it....

RSS