Forums

Help › Forums

New Wedges and Putter?

Tue, Sep 10 2019 12:29 PM (26 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,495 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 12:41 PM

SlickHunter:
    I don’t even know which or what putter works for me, I couldn’t tell the difference. I suppose I can wait for the next one-:)

I will refrain from the larger topic as I have already commented on it elsewhere...

I mentioned in another thread to a much newer player... who was exploring club upgrades... you are not going to buy a better game...  if you can't find a strategy or green reading technique that works for you, it doesn't matter how much you spend on your putter you still are not reading the green correctly...  

You might consider researching and learning some green reading techniques, which cost nothing but your time and effort, that have been discussed in the forums... there are many of them... You will then find, probably any putter you have purchased will suffice just fine...

There are elite players with low level putters and there are elite players with high end putters... you may just need to tweak or adjust how you are reading the greens.  

for 5000 credits I can help you do that : )  LOL  really though... there are strategies for this in the forum... 

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 12:55 PM

el3n1:

SlickHunter:
    I don’t even know which or what putter works for me, I couldn’t tell the difference. I suppose I can wait for the next one-:)

I will refrain from the larger topic as I have already commented on it elsewhere...

I mentioned in another thread to a much newer player... who was exploring club upgrades... you are not going to buy a better game...  if you can't find a strategy or green reading technique that works for you, it doesn't matter how much you spend on your putter you still are not reading the green correctly...  

You might consider researching and learning some green reading techniques, which cost nothing but your time and effort, that have been discussed in the forums... there are many of them... You will then find, probably any putter you have purchased will suffice just fine...

There are elite players with low level putters and there are elite players with high end putters... you may just need to tweak or adjust how you are reading the greens.  

for 5000 credits I can help you do that : )  LOL  really though... there are strategies for this in the forum... 

Actually I consider my putting my strength in my game. I just like new stuff, it never ends-:)

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 1:16 PM

SlickHunter:
    Also, I just got the Spider putter L101. Anyone has the new Scotty Phantom putter L98 yet? What is your review on it..thank you

I just got the Level 98 putter but have not played much with it, so no informed opinion really.  I'm no worse (yet) so that's good! 

It does have much better specs than the L94 Red Spider I have been using and somewhat better specs (for me) than the L101 Red Spider that I was waiting for since the Sabretooth was removed.

I am hoping my 1-putt percentage surges to 99% now - I'll let you know when that happens.....

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 1:24 PM

DoctorLarry:

SlickHunter:
    Also, I just got the Spider putter L101. Anyone has the new Scotty Phantom putter L98 yet? What is your review on it..thank you

I just got the Level 98 putter but have not played much with it, so no informed opinion really.  I'm no worse (yet) so that's good! 

It does have much better specs than the L94 Red Spider I have been using and somewhat better specs (for me) than the L101 Red Spider that I was waiting for since the Sabretooth was removed.

I am hoping my 1-putt percentage surges to 99% now - I'll let you know when that happens.....

Thank youuu..just what the Doctor prescribed-:)

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2019 1:58 AM

SlickHunter:

Robert1893:

But it's not new. It's just the Sabertooth rebranded. And you owned the Sabertooth. 

I already sold my Sabertooth. I don’t keep any old club, except maybe for the Cleveland’s, if I decided to get the new Wedges. 

The new Titleist Wedges are just the top Cleveland wedges rebranded. Same exact stats. 

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2019 2:19 AM

borntobesting:

SlickHunter:

Robert1893:

But it's not new. It's just the Sabertooth rebranded. And you owned the Sabertooth. 

I already sold my Sabertooth. I don’t keep any old club, except maybe for the Cleveland’s, if I decided to get the new Wedges. 

The new Titleist Wedges are just the top Cleveland wedges rebranded. Same exact stats. 

I got the Callaway grind, 56, and 60 degrees, give them a shot..trying the new putter as well, don’t need them, but wth...

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2019 3:40 AM

Review on Phantom putter..it’s assinged to watch my other clubs..have a feeling it will be sold back today..lol

Reiew on the Callaway grind..having the same feeling as the putter..but I’m still hopeful.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2019 4:51 AM

Ever notice how companies use the words "new" and "better"? One of their best efforts is to put these  words on the box the product comes in. Then in small print they explain that it is a newly designed box in new colors. The corn flakes are the same as before.

Seems that WGT is a member of this "new" club. Change the box but not the corn flakes inside.

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2019 6:09 AM

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2019 6:10 AM

RSS