Forums

Help › Forums

Just an extemporaneous thought...

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 22 2019 4:05 AM (71 replies)
  • krskfr
    458 Posts
    Fri, Jul 19 2019 11:44 AM

By "feel" the insinuation i'm trying to infer is regarding the feel of your club-sets. Each club set obviously have different attributes/characteristics, and if one were to play thousands of rounds with these exact clubs (i should throw in by using the same balls too), one can discern the physics, ball flight, stopping power, force needed to hit your goal distances, club calibration in the realm of trajectory, and i can go on. I laugh when i watch some of my favorite players (won't mention any names) that spend more than 2 minutes going through their spreadsheets and calculator. It's kind of cringe-worthy if you ask me. If you compute every putt, and every shot, it takes the fun completely out of this game. What's the challenge if you know precisely the calculus written down how hard to hit each shot and what kind of spin. That's bush-league. Gotta say, it took me about 40 rounds, and 5000 lost credits in trying to get a "FEEL" for these new Titliest balls in the inventory once they got rid of the Nike brand balls. Those that argue the essence of my argument, in my opinion, have nothing of "reason" to retort back with. Give me a well reasoned, well-constructed, delineated fact oriented basis for the notion that it takes the same insight and skill to be elite solely based on feel, and not cheat notes. I guess the only challenge for the "aid-assisted" individuals is to hit the ding. lol. YAAAY HOW FUN hahaha. Peace homies. Krskfr out!

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Jul 19 2019 12:05 PM

What type of player would y'all classify fmagnets as?   We've all seem him play live, so by feel or not? 

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Fri, Jul 19 2019 12:48 PM
    kavvz:

What type of player would y'all classify fmagnets as?   We've all seem him play live, so by feel or not? 

i still don t understand what u mean for feel. Look this and tell me if u think i m playing by feel or spreadsheet or not feel.. https://youtu.be/JBUu5ulT5ac I m on phone and i can t add the direct link.
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Jul 19 2019 12:51 PM

el3n1:

Yiannis1970:
    So, what's the difference?

spreadsheets don't alter the functionality of the game, whereas autodingers create a means to control one of the factors WGT uses to allow for variance to be introduced into the game... 

Actually they do alter the whole ''temperamento'' of the game. WGT is a skill game whereas human brain/memory is the main actor. Putting aside the main actor you transform the whole play into a farce. Now...you can name this farce with 1000 different names but at the end  the play has already become a joke.

I accept the fact of my mental/memory/brain imperfection and i can live fine with that. When it occurs, i will lose my match. Happens. This is called sport. Obviously, those who use all these stuff can't accept these simple facts of life.

Maybe the whole thing has to do with how things have changed over these last 20 years. In my time, we used to give credits to someone who was trying to achieve a goal. We used to congratulate educated people because they have studied so much and obtained knowledge. Today, all you have to do is to type it on google...

So, if i set up the perfect stroke using all these mambo jumbo and my only task is to hit the ding, where's my credit on that? Why don't we use the auto dinger as well to close the cycle?

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Fri, Jul 19 2019 12:55 PM
    kavvz:

Feel or not feel he is another planet.
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Jul 19 2019 1:02 PM

maoriand1:
    Yiannis1970:

I hardly see the difference with the rest of the stuff. Auto dinger helps you hitting the ding, ready spreadsheets eliminate the factor human/mental error from the equation, as auto dinger does. So, what's the difference?

U perfectly know that every hole in wgt need always adjustment so every spreadsheet u can give a go u will never get always 1 yrd if u ding the shot. I used play with the same spreadsheet of andivo and everygame was different. The same hole u can play 10times and land 10 times in 10 different place. If u think that with a spreadsheet u can stop the human factor then use a spreadsheet and make 18 approach inside 3 yrd. I m ready to bet u will never get it even if u ding at 100%. The msg u wrote is clearly the msg of a player that never used an excel to calculate the shots or u would not think that. I can give u the same spreadsheet of andivo and play roy heavy wind and C14. Then we will see if u stop the human factor..

You are missing the whole point here...

The point is not if every shot is 1 yard from the hole, because as we all know wgt changes the parameters every now and then in order to make the game more difficult.

The point is that all of them they use these aids, they do it exactly for that reason!! To be able to find themselves 1 yard from the hole. So, everyone who's using this stuff is trying to eliminate all imperfections (such as mental ability) which stand in the way of the perfect shot. The whole point is not if their system works well or not, but, why using it in the first place.

I will never use a spreadsheet or a compass or whatever. I play a game with the best of my ability. If the best of my ability is not enough, i can live with that. Some people can't...

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Fri, Jul 19 2019 1:35 PM
    I understand your words Yiannis but i m not agree. Without knowledge u will not get low scores , spreadsheet or not. I repeat it s not a spreadsheet that make u achieve scores like 54 or 26. Today i play smart with no spreadsheet but i m still not against spreedsheet users.. i learned a lot using a spreadsheet for years because it was not only follow the excel suggestion.. there was always the hope to get always better scores and improuve. Obiuvsly i can only talk about andivo spreadsheet.. i can t judge other players spreadsheet but if it s an excel file it s not wgt that can decide if they can use excel or not. As someone said before the autoding influence directly the game and for obiuvsly reason it s not allowed by wgt. We can talk till next days but it s not the same stuff.
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Jul 19 2019 1:49 PM

maoriand1:
    kavvz:

i still don t understand what u mean for feel. Look this and tell me if u think i m playing by feel or spreadsheet or not feel.. https://youtu.be/JBUu5ulT5ac I m on phone and i can t add the direct link.

What I mean by feel is players who use nothing vs. players to use some sort of aid.

People guffaw at players who use spreadsheets to play.  I'm just wondering if those same people guffaw at mags for using that calculator?  

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Fri, Jul 19 2019 1:53 PM
    "I will never use a spreadsheet or a compass or whatever. I play a game with the best of my ability. If the best of my ability is not enough, i can live with that. Some people can't..." Your msg have no sense. If u want limit yourself everyone should limit his game or he is considered not a skill players like you? 😂😂😂😂
  • krskfr
    458 Posts
    Fri, Jul 19 2019 2:00 PM

kavvz:

As and objective observer, taking into account the factors i mentioned who ought to be deemed "truly elite," are those players who play with no aids whatsoever, just memory and trial and error - thus the answer can only be 1 - Fmagnets! He is the best player in this game and it's not particularly close. Stats are stats, but eyeball tests matter too. This dude sometimes doesn't even set up his shot utilizing the reverse angle. Just grips and rips, i highly respect that. Dude is a G! As far as who is top billing with the use of aids, i gotta surmise it to be one YOUNG46... followed by UJJBNJK.

RSS