Forums

Help › Forums

CLASH #99 - just what we needed: more trees on the courses!

Fri, May 17 2019 1:10 PM (21 replies)
  • Fanling2002
    1,149 Posts
    Thu, May 16 2019 1:32 PM

It looks like a global problem . Hopefully the fix will arrive soon 

• zebbydog
    225 Posts
    Thu, May 16 2019 1:34 PM

Seen Pebble and Bethpage for Greenlanders, oh and winds have done me for two brand new balls.

• docmorgan99
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, May 16 2019 1:34 PM

AlaskanDame:

My club has started with two rounds at the Par 5's, but before you think that makes us lucky, consider the wind.  Can barely make GIR with a 30mph headwind on several holes, lol, let alone have an eagle putt chance!  Plus, I've lost two hats and my favorite scarf.

What other courses are there --- hopefully Kiawah because even "high wind" there is not too bad.

Cheers!

AKD

We have played Marion, Bethpage, P5

Doc

• Rossembo
    948 Posts
    Thu, May 16 2019 1:52 PM

3 rounds on Erin back 9. 

Game seized up as no opponent forthcoming. 

Points total wrong as well.  We won a match with 4600+ points as we had all the awards 

and top scores.

Result shows us as only winning with 600+ points. 

This sux.

Ross

• DougTully
    1,442 Posts
    Thu, May 16 2019 1:57 PM

Why isn't this post showing up in the latest posts about the clash freezing?

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/587727.aspx?PageIndex=2

Doug

• AlaskanDame
    18,973 Posts
    Thu, May 16 2019 3:43 PM
    No match for us for over an hour. Searching
  • AlaskanDame
    18,973 Posts
    Thu, May 16 2019 6:15 PM
    zebbydog:

Seen Pebble and Bethpage for Greenlanders, oh and winds have done me for two brand new balls.

Really? Pebble? That would make 5 with Erin, Bethpage, Par 5's, and Merion.
  • AlaskanDame
    18,973 Posts
    Thu, May 16 2019 8:27 PM

Rd. 1: Par 5
    Rd. 2: Par 5
    Rd. 3: Bethpage
    Rd. 4: spent "forever searching"
    Rd. 5: Merion
    Rd. 6: Bethpage
    Rd. 7: Par 5

Rd. 8: Erin

Rd 9: Erin

Rd 10: Erin

• Geotre
    1,397 Posts
    Fri, May 17 2019 4:39 AM

We had BPB; Merion; Erin ....then the search problem reared its head, when it finally started we were in a game with Banana Split and it was clear to see that they have been playing for the last hour.

It was also clear that not all clubs were affected, because, before the glitch, we were 3500 points behind the team above us and at the restart that has stretched to 6500 points.

We decided to abandon the clash for the duration of it - it is a fiasco - there is NO level playing field and the scores at the end of it will be a total farce.

It is ludicrous to be paying WGT and REWARDING them [passes and balls used],  when clearly they have not done their job.

George.

• AlaskanDame
    18,973 Posts
    Fri, May 17 2019 9:31 AM

Geotre:
    We decided to abandon the clash for the duration of it - it is a fiasco - there is NO level playing field and the scores at the end of it will be a total farce.
    We haven't abandoned it, but I agree it is a fiasco.  Your comments/observations of fact are the first I've heard that not all clubs were affected equally - some even playing before the other club was allowed in the match.  That's really bad . . .. 

RSS