Forums

Help › Forums

Improve Tier

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 29 2009 7:28 AM (6 replies)
  • ShanePark
    3 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2009 2:47 PM

How do i improve tiers?  I just signed up for this game and it is very cool.  Seems it will only let me play certain holes and shots.  Is there a way to just play a straight 18 round stroke play?  Thanks for any help!!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2009 2:58 PM

Have a look at this post by Snaike.  That'll show you how to start a regular stroke play round.

In order to improve tiers you just have to complete ranked rounds.  As you complete rounds your average score will start coming down and you'll begin to progress through the tiers as you hit certain numbers.  As a reward you'll earn a small credit bonus for each promotion that you can use to upgrade your equipment or put towards a purchase of your own.  Exact numbers for each tier are not disclosed to discourage people from purposely trying to avoid promotions which is a practice known as sandbagging.

• ShanePark
    3 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2009 3:00 PM

Thank YOU!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2009 3:14 PM

I edited some extra stuff in above because I neglected to answer your first question about the tier progression.  Hope that's what you needed.

• Flyinturtle
    262 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2009 4:19 PM

Its only letting you play certain hole cause your playing closest to the hole challenges. you have to play stroke play to get to play the full course and improve your avg. gl and have fun.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2009 5:32 PM
    The key to being in the tier where you belong is to post all your scores in rated stroke play, and to always play your very best.  Everyone who has been here for a while knows that you can lower your scoring average, or keep it artificially low, by posting only your best scores and not finishing bad rounds.  This is actually the reverse of sandbagging.  I call it shooting yourself in the foot...here's why:

You might think watching your scoring average soar, in this way, is really cool, but what you are actually doing is advancing faster than you are ready.  Then, when you "accidentally"  or otherwise get bumped into the Master tier, there is no going back.  Sure, it was good for the ego when it happened, but now, you'll need to invest a lot more time and a lot more treasure to play against serious gamers...and those guys are good.  And if this is not what you want, you just bought yourself a lot of frustration.

Please be clear, I am not encouraging sandbagging, just don't shoot yourself in the foot either.  It is never sandbagging to post all your scores, and to play your very best.  If you do this honestly, you should be in the tier that is right for you. 

Joey

PS: If anyone that is shooting and posting high scores with the intention of inflating their scoring average and avoiding promotions, they deserve to be called on it.     
  • ShanePark
    3 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 7:28 AM

Thank you all for your help!  I'm going to post every score just like in real life,  because you certainly don't want to get caught and then blow up in a round where it counts.  Cool game!

RSS