Help › Forums

Invisible Tree Branch

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 12 2019 9:24 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ChitlinsConCarne
    49 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2019 11:34 AM

OK, I admit I pulled the shot a little... but I sure don't see the branch that it hit!

Watch this shot from World Golf Tour!

Click here to watch the replay, or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?id=268152d397d54fbca1b8aa2c012ffc90

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2019 1:20 PM

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2019 1:28 PM

It shows you are teeing off in 2-5% rough and I see no tee when your ball is hit.

• ChitlinsConCarne
    49 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2019 1:55 PM

Hmmm.

This is shot #1 on hole #1 of the Week 15 9-Hole Unlimited (Best of Par 4 Holes)

What you describe MAY be yet another "bug" ;-)

I teed it up again - here's the screenshot  - note "aim" & the presence of the tee

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CLF0dXfxz8qVuMKWp3l_xPMj6MUcAHDq/view?usp=sharing

I went ahead and hit it - BUT - I did NOT manage to pull it! No invisible tree branch

• ChitlinsConCarne
    49 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2019 1:58 PM

TopShelf2010:

ChitlinsConCarne:
    OK, I admit I pulled the shot a little... but I sure don't see the branch that it hit!

That is the first time I have seen a "branch" in that area.

Did you Submit a Bug Report to WGT while playing the game?

Don

I do not know HOW to submit a report during gameplay

There IS a branch at that point downrange, it just does not extend out that far  (see the end of the replay where the "branch noise" occurs and the ball drops straight down - the branch is well into the left rough

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2019 1:59 PM

twinponds169:

It shows you are teeing off in 2-5% rough and I see no tee when your ball is hit.

What it shows is the lie where it lands, not where the shot is taken from...odd as that is.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2019 2:05 PM

It certainly doesn't look like it hits the tree at the start of the fairway, although it does.

I wanted to see the shot from camera 4 zoomed in a couple of times but when I do the I don't have the button to play the replay anymore, is there a way to do that.........Scott? 

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2019 2:15 PM

DodgyPutter:

twinponds169:

What it shows is the lie where it lands, not where the shot is taken from...odd as that is.

It shows him teeing off and a 2 5% lie on the the tee . It doesnt hit a tree because there are no trees for him to hit . The ball comes down just inside the edge of the rough . It looks like it hits an invisible wall and just falls out of the sky . Never had that happen when playing that hole but its definitely a bug . Send a report through C/S letting them know about it .

It may  get fixed in the next update .

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2019 3:04 PM

lonniescott711:

DodgyPutter:

twinponds169:

It shows him teeing off and a 2 5% lie on the the tee

Should I just repeat the same thing? It shows where the ball lands.

Try looking at your replays and you'll see you're taking the shot from the cup according to you.

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2019 3:15 PM

Did not know that about the lie showing the landing lie while the tee shot was not hit yet. Still curious though about no tee to be seen, usually either see the ball on it a bit or it flipping up in the air a bit when the drive is hit.

• PAGES
RSS