Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2019

Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:47 PM (1,489 replies)
  • TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2019 7:10 PM

DodgyPutter:

PAULFINN52:
    gotta check these these couse times

Lol, just blame TD and the time difference with Canada ;-)

Nope blame the legal weed lmao 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2019 3:38 AM

TdotDoba:
    Nope blame the legal weed lmao 

You guys have made this difficult for yourselvesand maybe the captains.  Next time why not make all rounds 14 days (say running from Mon-Sun) then the teams would always be due in at the same time (midnight Sat) and you and everyone else would know that at the start of the comp'.

I reckon you've maybe been trying to maximise weekends with the dates but it seems worth sacraficing the odd day for the clarity.

I'll probably be told this isn't the time or place for this but it's where and when I thought it, and I'd forget to say later :-(

I know I always seem to be pointing out things I think are wrong in one way or another but that doesn't mean I don't think you're doing a great job with this, you certainly are. Often I am trying to help but also maybe I'm just instinctively mistrustful of the stuff that's decided out of sight (with or without reason) and find it difficult to be told to "only post postive stuff". 

Anyway, appologies and well done :-)) 

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2019 6:31 AM

One of the advantages of each round finishing on a weekend Is when there's a big time difference.

One of our guys & his opponent In a previous round had 16 hours between them, They both gave their days times for 1st week & through to 2nd week & even though both were willing to compromise they just couldn't get it scheduled but agreed to meet each other half way on thee final weekend so one stayed up late & the other got up early & got it played, If say the final day had been a week day & with work etc they wouldn't have been able to do this

Ken

• Herjavimi
    711 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2019 9:43 AM

Group 3 round 2 Trans Raiders vs Cosa Nostra: Bigknight 59 vs Herjavimi 60. Great game Geof you played really well this year you won lol. Good luck in the rest of the tournament. 

Javier

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2019 9:48 AM

Thanks Javier...was a great match all the way...thought we were going to be even going to 18 when you birdied 17 (the back pin) from 15 feet, but was fortunate enough to make mine there as well.

For the bean counters: Herjavimi is player #94, and Bigknight is #379

Group 3 Rd 2....match 2

Good luck my friend...until next year ;)

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2019 11:02 AM

DodgyPutter:
    I know I always seem to be pointing out things I think are wrong in one way or another

Don't mind that at all mate, would rather get it right and appreciate another set of eyes on everything... sadly none of us are perfect and me less then most :)

Cheers and again thanks for the spot

Dotty

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2019 11:09 AM

The deadline for line ups is midnight tonight +1 min.....

Still looking for line ups from:

Wooden Tee

Brookline GC

Black Diamond GC

East Coast #1

East Coast #2

Trans Bandits

The Beat Ranch

If you have already sent them, please resend to me or finny before Midnight.

Cheers all,

Dotty

• jacktrade51
    10,919 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2019 3:11 PM

Black Diamond will be in.  Holding out for last minute opt outs.  But I thought it was due tomorrow … or lol … are you lying to me like I lie to my teammates on deadlines.

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2019 3:53 PM

CMON CAPTAINS PLEASE THIS COMP WILL MOVE ON AND IF YOUR TEAMS ARENT IN YOU WILL GO WITH THE SAME TEAM IN ROUND 2 END OF

FINNY

• bigacker
    163 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2019 5:05 PM

Group 1, Round 2 Match 1 Tie 4.

Bigacker 460 beats Miketesritter 354     63 to 69

Thz Big A

RSS