Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2019

Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:47 PM (1,489 replies)
  • biggunky
    156 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2019 3:55 AM

Paragon 4 lineup as follows

156 gersman1972

158 jbboon 

162TheHumbleDuffer

155 duda51

157 Glitlr

152 alanliam

153 biggunky

161 ryehack

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2019 6:18 AM

biggunky:

Paragon 4 lineup as follows

156 gersman1972

158 jbboon 

162TheHumbleDuffer

155 duda51

157 Glitlr

152 alanliam

153 biggunky

161 ryehack

Hi Big,

Got it and sent you a friend request on wgt so you can send it in future (if your the one doing it) to me in a pm, thanks

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2019 6:25 AM

WaLk0fLiFe:

PAULFINN52:

bader76:

PAULFINN52:

TEAMS STILL LEFT TO COME IN

BRAVEHEARTS PATRIOTS

BROOKLINE GC

TRANS RAIDERS

PARAGON 4

BLACK DIAMOND

SHOVS MUCKERS

SHOVS TWATS

TRANS BANDITS

THE BEAT RANCH

EAST COAST 1

UNLESS I HAVE MISSED A MESSAGE OR DOTTY HAS THEM  CAPTAINS PLEASE SEND THEM AGAIN.

WED NIGHT LATAES SO WE CAN START FILLING IN THE PAIRINGS THURSDAY,

FINNY

Hi Paul,

Steve the captain has pulled out of the job so paragon team 4  has no captain at the moment, I'm trying to appoint a new captain within the team by Friday evening.

Wish me luck Carl

best get a team in first carl need it by tomorrow night 

thx finny

Hi,

If the team can't find a captain is it ok/above board if I submit the line ups for each round paul? kind like a sub captain? That seems better than pulling the team entirely...as a last resort. I would be willing to do that.

Thanks, Jo

Absolutely whatever you need to do, although from above it seems you got someone to fill in, but yep whoever can make the line up.

Cheers,

Dotty

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2019 6:29 AM

TEAMS STILL LEFT TO COME IN

TRANS BANDITS

EAST COAST 1

If you have sent them, sorry we can't find them so please send them again, I have both captains on my friends list so you can pm them to me or if email is easier for you send them to dotbot2019@gmail.com

Cheers, we really need them today

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2019 7:50 AM

TEAM STILL LEFT TO COME IN

TRANS BANDITS

If you have sent them, sorry we can't find them so please send them again, I have both captains on my friends list so you can pm them to me or if email is easier for you send them to dotbot2019@gmail.com

Cheers, we really need them today

• bader76
    911 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2019 8:41 AM

Just an update on paragon team 4, the new captain is biggunky just in case you've not noticed.

Carl

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2019 8:58 AM

all teams are in amd we are ready to go

fixtures will be posted tomorrow afternoon/evening uk time if dot can control himself lol,

i will give all details of round 1 on this forum so we are ready to kick off 

MARCH 1ST

LETS DO THIS

finny

ps done carl thx

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2019 10:57 AM

bader76:

Just an update on paragon team 4, the new captain is biggunky just in case you've not noticed.

Carl

Well it was hard to make out as it was a bit gunky but I kept at it bwahahahahahahahaha

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2019 8:15 AM

i knew he couldnt wait lol dotty

The  world cup of golf 2019

Hello all

Well this is it; let’s get this show on the road

We have our 32 teams in from all over the world and I can say we have WGTS finest out with us again this year

This year we decided  to scale the timeline down a bit as it just went on a bit too long and felt as we got into the holiday periods captains were struggling to make teams so this year we increased the groups but with less teams in,

This year it should finish mid June which is perfect.

Wooden Tees are back to try to retain the Cup but have a mountain of talent ready to pounce and rip the Cup from their grasp including Paragon/Beat Ranch and the Bandits,

SEL chickens are hungry for that top spot and playing very well just peaking nice, Aphrodite, Carolina Sandhills and the Outkasts are all in with a shout, looking at all the squads any matches could go either way so don’t rule out any team, its all about the day and 1 missed putt.

Black Diamond and Brookline have joined this year good luck to both of you, just enjoy

The top two from each group will advance to the Cup and the bottom two will go into the Plate,

Both are worthy trophies Johhny has excelled himself in designing the Cup/Plate,

As ever I have Nico and Dotty helping me and Nigel is on hand to do any work needed in the spreadsheets.

I have set up another 2 forums

World Cup ctth prizes

This has all holes/prizes and sponsors for all the holes played during the comp, any claims must be put on there with a screenshot or back up from your opponent please.

World Cup live streaming links

This is for any wishing to play their games live so we all enjoy and have the crack on there, no negative comments on these please.

Right let’s get on with golf

Round  1

1st March to 14th March

Wolf Creek Golf Club

18 holes  matchplay

What a cracking course to open up with,matchplay at its finest, plenty of risk and reward holes but you have be careful when the wind picks up and the greens are some of the hardest I’ve played on, almost as bad as Merion, If  you land in the wrong spot even a few away from the hole it can roll off the green, great course though and stunning views from the tees I would love to play it for real.

RULES

Each match will be played to a win or draw lose no sudden death,you can play on for the win but it will only be for bragging rights lol

Each match will have a 2 week timeline to complete,this comp will not stop

Any matches not completed on time will be looked at by the me,nico and dotty and a decision made on the result depending on evidence supplied,

Any players refusing to play will forfeit their match,

Any gimmies must be agreed by both players before start

AN EXAMPLE OF AN AIRSHOT IS ON PAGE 1 OF THE FORUM

Any player with a -2 by their name must take an air shot on holes 10 and 14

Any player with a -3 by their name must take air shots on holes 6,10 and 14

Once a match been played the result will stand so it’s up to all players to check the opponents tier before start of play,

i would suggest  a 90sec shot clock with maximum timeouts,theres no panic to get the game played and have a chat in-between,

if both players agree they can have 60 or 45 that would be their choice,

No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification

Players please when posting results, I would like group number, teams and players please and a short post of the match,

Let’s keep the forum busy but no negative comments from anyone, if you have problem contact your captain first,

Closest  to the pin for round 1 and sponsors

We have loads of prizes up for offer this year as players have been very generous

Round 1
    1st march to 15th march
    Wolf Creek
    kavvz 1 sleeve hole 3
    f1dget 1 sleeve hole 8
    amatuer4sure 1 sleeve hole11
    CSBarbarion 1 sleeve hole 13 tee shot on the green
    amizso 1 sleeve second shot hole 5
    climatic 1 sleeve second shot hole 17

SPECIAL PRIZES
    ujjbnjk 5 sleeves first hole in one
    ujjbnjk 5 sleeves first doubl/eagle
    ujjbnjk 5 sleeves
    first hole out from over 180yds from the fairway
    ujjbnjk 5 sleeves
    longest putt recorded over all rounds
    kenher01 5 sleeves first eagle putt over 35 ft

right all i can say is play starts at midnight tonight uk time not before please

havs loads of fun and lets see some great golf

finny

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2019 8:30 AM

PAULFINN52:
    i knew he couldnt wait lol dotty

LOL hey I just finished now, so I did really good woo hoo

RSS