Forums

Help › Forums

The Penalty Box

Fri, Dec 21 2018 6:45 AM (44 replies)
  • MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2018 12:18 PM

congratulations penalty box.........everything is possible if you have belief.....

• Rick6208
    2,146 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2018 12:55 PM

WOW what did you guys do to the Georgians! They have lost 50 members + 2 Directors their going down faster than the TITANIC ! the only differance is there is no band playing as its sinking ! lol

Congratulations , from TLF ! I know how hard it is to make it into the Top 20 and to finally see a different Club on the Top of the Leader Board gives all the other Clubs Hope ! lol

• Tacoma802
    400 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2018 4:57 PM

Thank you Jeff! So you’re saying the life philosophy of “all gas, no brakes, empty the tank” that I have lived by my whole life is incorrect? Dang.....this changes everything.....🤔

You are wise man and a master of metaphors my friend with the breathe of wiskey. You are always welcome to join us at TPB if you want to see all the values I know you live by embodied in a country club.

~Taco

• BLUEHOLE69er
    14 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2018 5:48 PM

Was a straight forward decision, no fighting needed.

arnken:

Well done TPB The writing was on the wall for a while now, an Mutiny On The Bounty

Now the fighting comes, too whom gets the GP, good luck with that.

Ken 

• BLUEHOLE69er
    14 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2018 5:50 PM

Was a straight forward decision.  No fighting needed. 

• Fencer100
    2,063 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2018 12:42 AM

Rick6208:
    WOW what did you guys do to the Georgians! They have lost 50 members + 2 Directors their going down faster than the TITANIC ! the only differance is there is no band playing as its sinking ! lol

If it really is a cull of those proportions, then it shows poor leadership and poor sportsmanship.

At the end of the day if you are on top of the table, you can only go one way. DOWN. Fair play to the Penalty Box for taking them down. 

This has probably been the best thing to happen to The Clash. Same winner all the time was so bad for the whole concept.

• rfgraham1
    2,739 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2018 3:29 AM

Rick6208:

Congratulations , from TLF ! I know how hard it is to make it into the Top 20 and to finally see a different Club on the Top of the Leader Board gives all the other Clubs Hope ! lol

More likely they booted 50 members rather than lost them lol.

Congrats, someone finally beat them in a clash:)

Rob

• Schmails3
    168 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2018 7:08 AM

rfgraham1:

Rick6208:

More likely they booted 50 members rather than lost them lol.

Congrats, someone finally beat them in a clash:)

Rob

From our understanding and what we've seen, they were not booted but BroG, I mean BroCountryClub has given The G members basically control of their club with leadership positions as well as half ownership in the club, so many of The Georgian members have gone there instead of trying to rebuild what they had from scratch.  

• AlaskanDame
    18,973 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2018 7:55 PM
    Schmails3:

From our understanding and what we've seen, they were not booted but BroG, I mean BroCountryClub has given The G members basically control of their club with leadership positions as well as half ownership in the club, so many of The Georgian members have gone there instead of trying to rebuild what they had from scratch.  

Yes, if you look at a leaderboard for a G tourney in the recent few days, you can see where members went. Most to BCC, but also at least one to The Penalty Box. My club will never compete for that kind of standing, but my members have fun watching the shifting up there at the top by others.
  • badrs63
    375 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2018 8:51 PM

KO"D and knocked off the high and mighty perch

RSS