Forums

Help › Forums

Carnoustie - womens scottish open

Thu, Oct 6 2011 5:51 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • craigswan
    31,000 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2011 7:58 AM

Just come back from watching the first days play .Michelle Wie is a stunner .Must be that hawian tan that shines through on a wet scottish summers day .

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2011 9:51 AM

Whoever set up the course did a lousy job.  Too easy for the ladies, and not the real, and mean Carnoustie.  Cannot believe none of the par 5s are over 500 yds. 

• craigswan
    31,000 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2011 3:06 PM

Looks like they are getting lucky .No wind or rain on the radar for this week-end .

• Skysong
    25 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2011 5:04 AM

The official makes a bad call.  The player gets punished.  How unfair.  Why is this allowed in golf?

Provisional Ball:

Perhaps the unluckiest player of the day was American Angela Stanford, who was at 4 under after a 72. She could have been two better but for a bizarre incident on the final hole.

A steward indicated that her second ball had gone out of bounds, so she played another but didn’t declare it “provisional.”

Her first ball had kicked back inbounds, but when she got to it it was too late as her second ball was now the ball in play. So she was on the green in four and two-putted for a 6.

“I learned something today,” Stanford said. “I didn’t think I had to ever say `provisional,’ but I guess you always say `provisional.”’

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/daily-brew-provisional-etiquette/

Ever wonder what the rules are when hitting a provisional ball? GolfChannel.com's Brad Brewer has you covered as he shows you the proper way to handle a provisional ball situation. Want more Brew? Check back every Wednesday for more etiquette tips from Brad on GolfChannel.com.

• TarheelsRule
    5,477 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2011 9:49 PM

Not the officials fault, the player should have known to declare it as a provisional before hitting it, no reason not to.

Regarding the course, which I have played a few times on trips, it was set up so easy that I couldn't even believe it.  I realize the wind and rain didn't come but come on, par 5 that play under 500 yards, even the local course from the white tees doesn't play that short.  I think that making par a good score is the way to set up the course and Carnoustie had no teeth.

• Skysong
    25 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2011 12:58 PM

When I hit off the tees in WGT and it goes out of bounds I want a provisional and not a 2 stroke penalty.

• creadstar
    10 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 10:12 PM

Skysong:

When I hit off the tees in WGT and it goes out of bounds I want a provisional and not a 2 stroke penalty.

its a game  not real golf lol

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2011 1:00 PM

Quite, so why steal balls AND a shot? This makes me very very cross and I care not for rules which make me cross. Pffft.

Lizzie xx

• Kurtsbuford
    7,592 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2011 7:49 PM

LOL, yes michele is hot as hell, and she also has one of pro golfs(guys included) best swings, as far as stanford,  she knows damn well you have to call provisional ball when shot is in doubt.   We've all done this.

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Sat, Sep 17 2011 6:51 AM

Women Play Golf, well i never, They'll want the Vote next........lol

Lucky

• PAGES
RSS