Forums

Help › Forums

courses - and recent update

Sun, Oct 25 2009 7:26 AM (5 replies)
  • haji97071
    192 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 6:15 PM

i am about ready to quit playing WGT.  since your last update, at least 30% of my putts are lipping out, i am not hitting the putt to hard, putts that used to go in now lip out, many times ending up within 6 inches of the hole.  speeds have increased, particularly on downhill putts, almost no relationship with the meter at the bottom of the screen, set the bar short of the yardage and the putt will still go 10 feet past the hole, set the bar a little less and the putt ends up 8 feet short, HOW ABOUT SOME DIFFERENT COURSES FOR STROKE PLAY, very tired of bethpage and kiawah.  since you obviously have photo's of several other courses, how about opening them for stroke play and not just KP's.  please let me know what your plans are.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 7:41 PM

I hear what you are saying, but what I think is going on is WGT is trying to make the hack and amateur tiers real.

Even with the moved advancement averages for tiers, most (all) players are through the Hack tier before they even know what is happening (except the winners of the tournies....don't get me started).

The amateur tier only exists until you posted 14 rounds and received a real average (Show me 3 people in the amateur tier with 20 posted rounds).

We have to remember that this is a BETA game and they will make things different to make the game better for market.

We will sometimes get caught in the crossfire of  this development stage (all of a sudden in a tier that we cannot deal with).

Don't get me wrong...I think there are some major issues that need to be addressed (meter,courses) and I don't think WGT is infallible.

Lets just play golf and enjoy the ride.

Šofér

• stevengarcia
    15 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 10:24 PM

I generally agree with the first poster.  I think WGT would make more money if they added more stroke play courses.  Imagine how much money they would make if they charged $3 a round at Augusta National.  I could care less about what clubs I had or what I shot.  But if I had the chance, for some small fee, to play Augusta or some other awesome course it would be wonderful.

I'm not sure why it matters all that much how they categorize the tiers.  I'm a Pro at 72, and most other Pros can beat me because they have all bought clubs and I have but just a simple one step upgrade in driver.  But that's not WGT's fault, is it?  I choose not to buy better clubs.

Plus the chipping and putting off the fringe are completely screwed up.  The controls are extremely sensitive.  And putting on steep breaks is also wrought with problems.

But more course options IS KEY! I would rather pay to play a course than pay to get club upgrades.  I cannot actualize the clubs but I can the courses.  I feel like I know Kiawah like the back of my hand.

• haji97071
    192 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2009 10:42 AM

How about just adding more courses, I don't particularly want to pay per round, WGT is already making sufficient monies on club  and ball purchases.  Just give us more COURSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2009 11:52 AM

Thanks for your concern, haji. It takes six months, twelve people, and $200,000 to make an 18-hole stroke play course. The next stroke play course will be St. Andrews, which will be added, most likely, in early 2010.

• haji97071
    192 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 7:26 AM

I appreciate the time it takes to prepare a new course, but how much money and how many people did it take to make the current greens nearly un-puttable.  Any putt from more than 5 feet is now and adventure, lip outs have become the norm.  Had a 5 putt green the other day from 5 feet, I could go through each putt but that would be boring, will just say that the little dots have no relationship on how much the putt breaks.  First putt almost no break, second putt from two feet ended up 4 feet below the hole.  I am not being as clear as I would like but the putting has become almost impossible, especially downhill.

RSS