Help › Forums

re: big hitting

Tue, Jul 6 2010 7:07 AM (24 replies)
  • Nicksalt
    65 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 6:39 AM

Hey,

To all the big hitters out there.... 

I've noticed that the longest drives are over 350 yds.

On which hole is it possible to hit that long?

My longest is 323, R9, downhill, strong wind behind, backspin for extra height but I can't see which hole is capable of allowing the ball to travel 340/350 or am I missing a little trick somewhere?

N

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 7:01 AM

Bethpage Black, hole 6, the fairway slopes down, and if you're hitting from Master tees, 350+ yards are possible.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 8:19 AM

on BB #6 Hitting the rough left of the fairway is not always a disaster ;)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 8:50 AM

LOL-will vouch for that ES-replay on my profile of a hop, skip and a jump to 343yds at BPB6.

YJ

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 3:22 PM

eternalspirit:

on BB #6 Hitting the rough left of the fairway is not always a disaster ;)

I hit the brush and bounced through. I ended up at 249.1 yrds.

My jaw hit the floor.

Šok

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 4:21 PM

For the pro's out there that can't quite get the super distance on #6....

Try this one...

Bounce it off the mulch onto the second island on #2 Kiawah. (just aim for the trees left of the fairway between the 'islands') have to have a big wind. And don't blame me when you end up in the cart path (OR LOSE YOUR BALL!)

used to have a replay, but it's gone now.

And also (from the pro tees) You can bounce it off the mulch on #3 there to get near the green on 1. (Best I could ever to is to get to the fringe - of the opposite side of the green)

or...

Or on #7 Kiawah (par 5) with a big wind, try to get over the bunker. Sometimes I'd hit the lip and catch some crazy bounce. Hit it 335 once like that.

....and remeber it dosen't count if it's not in the fairway!

• Nicksalt
    65 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 6:28 PM

Thanks for the tips...

Time to load my bag with balls and try them out!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 10:04 PM

New Tour SD balls were introduced only a few days ago, these are supposed to give you extra-extra-distance, so I suppose 360+yd drives should now be possible???

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2009 5:42 AM

Faterson:
    I suppose 360+yd drives should now be possible???

Not so fast, my friend. The longest drive that I know of in WGT history is 352 yards, by Brockly2009. Eight yards is a lot of ground to make up ... give it some time before we reach 360. (Although I'm sure before we know it, we'll see the next Alvaro Quiros out here banging 380 yards with the default driver!!!)

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2009 7:25 AM

Gao, I was referring to the new ball, Tour SD, introduced only a few days ago. You can't expect the records to be broken immediately, but the extra dot for Distance should make it possible to prolong the longest drives by up to 5%, if the previous GI-D and BX-D balls are any indication.

RSS