Help › Forums

Winds pattern changes?

Fri, Nov 23 2018 11:00 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • borntobesting
    9,626 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2018 1:53 AM

jacktrade51:

Winds are variable, even if it says 16-18 might be 15-19.

Plus, some holes play longer or shorter; one has to learn that.  If you have a 0 wind on Cong #4 (hope I have hole right, with the bunker and tree), and you play it to exact distance, you will end up in bunker.  It's a learning process.

In the end, learn to putt.  Cures all sins, although I am not a great putter.

Or if you don’t play enough spin you can clip the tree and end up in the bunker even if you play extra distance. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2018 5:48 AM

The biggest thing is Notes and understanding the game.

If you don't have notes, you are doomed to make the same mistakes over and over

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2018 8:28 AM

Whenever you have a new club or a ball, take them to practice and learn their behavior..takes more than a few holes repeatedly.

• crmamx
    369 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2018 10:21 AM

SlickHunter:

Whenever you have a new club or a ball, take them to practice and learn their behavior..takes more than a few holes repeatedly.

If you mean an actual WGT practice round that is not true. The results from a practice round or CTTH round are different from a regular round. Neither are the results from the putting green accurate. The green meter there gives you a 10% or more range to select from which is not nearly close enough.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2018 1:16 PM

crmamx:
    If you mean an actual WGT practice round that is not true. The results from a practice round or CTTH round are different from a regular round.

How so?  I use the practice mode and plenty of mulligans to map all my clubs and the numbers work very well in regular ranked rounds.  I don't play a "round", I usually just hit all day from Kiawah #1 tee and then fairway with each club with zero backspin and then full backspin.

• borntobesting
    9,626 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2018 4:18 PM

DoctorLarry:

crmamx:
    If you mean an actual WGT practice round that is not true. The results from a practice round or CTTH round are different from a regular round.

How so?  I use the practice mode and plenty of mulligans to map all my clubs and the numbers work very well in regular ranked rounds.  I don't play a "round", I usually just hit all day from Kiawah #1 tee and then fairway with each club with zero backspin and then full backspin.

Larry if he is a mobile player he might be right. The one thing many mobile only players don't realize is that any and all Apparel bonuses are active in practice rounds. So if they map their clubs with the apparel bonuses active when they play a ranked round of any kind, tournament or not the apparel bonuses don't work so their shots may be off distance wise They need to map their clubs with only apparel that does't have any bonuses if they are going to play tournaments. Or if there is a way to deactivate it in practice rounds they need to do that. 

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2018 2:14 AM

They can practice with the Apparel boost, they just need to adjust when playing without it. I play only on Mobile, and I practice with Apparels. I play rank rounds without the Apparel boost, and I don’t see and difference in my play, except  shorter drives.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2018 11:00 PM

Learn something every day!  

I play so little on mobile, I don't know much about the details.

• PAGES
RSS