Forums

Help › Forums

Flag out ..... hit the flagstick ?????

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 10 2018 11:00 AM (7 replies)
  • pitchking1
    348 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2018 12:45 PM

Shot for Albatros : flag out ...... says .... 'hit the flagstick' ????

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=bf3664b9-8b6f-4186-b202-a98d0142fec5

see : flag is red crossed out ..... and the tick as the ball comes in the hole .... bug WGT ?

• jabonic
    854 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2018 3:01 PM

I don't see flag crossed out in that replay.   Did you pull the pin before you hit the ball??  If you don't pull the pin before you hit the ball, WGT recognizes that the pin is still in.  You can't pull the pin once the ball is in flight and expect it to be out.

Replay always show the pin in and if you have it pulled before you hit it, the ball will go in without the noise of hitting the pin. 

Been like that since I have been playing the game.

This is a HIO I had on Pebble beach.  Notice the flag is in, but I pulled the flag before I hit the ball and when it went in, you don't hear it hitting the flagstick.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=36bdfef4-e196-466a-bc6d-a94d000dad21

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2018 8:31 PM

jabonic is quite correct.  For the pin to not actually be there, it MUST be removed before you hit the ball.  You can pull the pin, hit the ball, and then put the pin back in, and it will still not actually be in the hole, even tho it shows up.

Kinda like putting.  If on the green(not fringe), even tho it shows, the lower portion of the pin is not there.  That is why you never hear the ball hit the pin when putting.

Anytime off the green and you don't want to take the chance of the ball hitting the pin, it must be removed before hitting the ball.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2018 10:53 PM

jabonic:
    I don't see flag crossed out in that replay.
    Unfortunately, you won't see "flag out" in any replay. It always shows, sometimes only as a virtual image of the pulled flag ;)

• pitchking1
    348 Posts
    Sun, Nov 4 2018 3:18 AM

Flag was out before the shot ....... there is (was) a red line through the flag at the top right of the screen before I hitted the ball.

• pitchking1
    348 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2018 9:10 AM

Isn't there a WGT .... (icon .. ) that can answer this issue ????

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2018 9:44 AM

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2018 11:00 AM

Had the same thing happen at Kiawah on the 3rd with a pitch shot.

Pulled the pin, always do on a chip/pitch. Hit my shot, ball rolled for the hole, got there and when it did it made the hit the flagstick sound and rolled backwards 2ft.

Just another WTF moment brought to you by WGT.

RSS