Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • IJACK21
    49 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2016 7:42 AM

putting speed & distances

This is simple and has always worked for me....

You'll know what type of green you'll be shooting by looking at the highest-tier member of your group.  If that is a master, greens will be Very Fast.  If there is a Tour Master, that will be Tournament.  If there is a Legend, the greens will say "TOURNAMENT" BUT IN FACT THEY ARE LEGEND TOURNAMENT GREENS, SO BE AWARE.

Slow = -10%

Standard = add 2 ft to putting distance

Fast = deduct 4 ft from putting distance 

Very Fast = deduct 7 ft from putting distance

Tournament Speed = deduct 10 ft from putting distance

Legend Tournament Speed = deduct 11 ft from putting distance

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2016 1:24 PM

IJACK21:
    This is simple and has always worked for me....
    Hate to burst your bubble but going by your one putt stat of 18.4%, I would say this was not working very well at all.

• IJACK21
    49 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2016 6:07 PM

It works for me for getting very close to the hole on greens with even lies. My problem is figuring the proper angle for a putt on greens with uneven lies. I'm terrible at it.

Anyway, Why don't you try it and then make a commit about it....

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2016 3:09 AM

I would, but the first time I tried to hit a 5 ft putt on Legend (Stimp 12) greens using your system I came up with this math:

5 - 11 =  -6.  I couldn't figure out how to hit a putt -6 ft, so I quit the round.

Perhaps you need to rethink the logic of what you said.

phred952 

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2016 3:58 AM

IJACK21:

It works for me for getting very close to the hole on greens with even lies. My problem is figuring the proper angle for a putt on greens with uneven lies. I'm terrible at it.

Anyway, Why don't you try it and then make a commit about it....

Greens with uneven lies?

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2016 4:25 AM

LOL may go someway to explaining 18% 1 putt 

• dryspot
    690 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2016 4:34 AM

I have tryed so many things what others have suggested and watched videos and i still dont get the putting most times.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2016 5:39 AM

pdb1:

Stobsbee:
    Hate to burst your bubble

Jimbog1964:

LOL may go someway to explaining 18% 1 putt 

WGTGenius:

Nice encouragement guys . Good help tips to , in this " Putting Tip Distance Control " thread . 

Nice to know we can always come here and get our bubble burst , belittled , made fun of . 

On my comment: ...Bloke was trying to help, and my jest lacked the wit....apologies for that part.  (EDIT: I won't comment on the actual numbers other than to say other points and who from - no offense, just way is).

RSS