Forums

Help › Forums

It's not like riding a bike!

Sat, Oct 6 2018 7:39 AM (4 replies)
  • DW22
    39 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 3:35 AM

I just came back after what (according to a trophy in my list) could have been 5 or 6 years.

In 1 week I've managed to add 10 shots to my average. I was never a chart/calc type player, I've no problem with those that are but I just like to glance at the details and swing. It turns out that's a hard thing to get back to when you haven't got 80+ levels of learning to recall. I'm sure I used to rely on putting to compete and that's now the hardest part.

Might it be easier to just start over.....

*On the plus side I still think the golf itself is as good as anything out there (if a tad expensive).

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 4:03 AM

welcome back .

• DW22
    39 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 4:08 AM

More like this one...

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 7:31 AM

DW22:

I just came back after what (according to a trophy in my list) could have been 5 or 6 years.

In 1 week I've managed to add 10 shots to my average. I was never a chart/calc type player, I've no problem with those that are but I just like to glance at the details and swing. It turns out that's a hard thing to get back to when you haven't got 80+ levels of learning to recall. I'm sure I used to rely on putting to compete and that's now the hardest part.

Might it be easier to just start over.....

*On the plus side I still think the golf itself is as good as anything out there (if a tad expensive).

You can start over right where you`re at . Just go play stroke play practice rounds until you get your timing back . Use the free ball and the mulligan feature to get back in the groove of things . That`s all you have to do . Take your time and learn to play again with the clubs that you have .

In no time you`ll be back playing like you used to .

• pjctas0822
    4,550 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 7:39 AM

DW I feel your pain lol. I took off for about 4 years and came back . It took me a good 3 to 4 weeks to have some skill . Dont worry it will come back to you . I was just happy to see that all my equipment was put in storage until I  got back lol. I play with antiques but they work . I play like you no charts no rulers no strippers well ok maybe strippers but still.

RSS