Forums

Help › Forums

Login Problems

Tue, Sep 25 2018 10:38 AM (4 replies)
  • redv67
    185 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2018 4:25 AM

Hi, 

I am having problems trying to login to WGT through IE and Chrome. It says my username or password is incorrect. Yet I can login through Maxathon browser no problem. At the moment I can't play WGT properly.... very slow and erratic. Thats why I wanted to try IE or Chrome to see if it was any better but like I said ...cant login. I log off Maxathon and try the other browsers but still no good.

Does anyone else have this problem or does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Red

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2018 5:33 AM

I use chrome and everything is working like it should

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2018 7:40 AM

For some weird reason, trying to log in to WGT on an https page doesn't work, for me anyway.

Find yourself an http login page redv67, and try again. I know it goes against the grain for what we are constantly being told about logging in to websites, but there must be some security attached to the login procedure somewhere, I hope.

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 7:21 AM

Hi Scott

Hard to believe I know, but Google has decided that HTTP is bad and HTTPS should be used by everybody, saving us all from a certain terrible end, again. Thanks Google.

All sites using HTTP will get some sort of warning appear, it may have already started, letting you know that the site is "not secure" . It's appeared in Firefox I've just noticed.

Without getting into SSL, TLS and all the rest of it, and depending on your browser, there are a few things you can try.

First, adjust your system time to that of the site you are trying to log into. For WGT it's PDT I think (pacific daylight time) that has been known to work. 
    Make sure in your internet options (IE) that SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are both ticked and clear the SSL state (under certificates).

Maybe that'll help. (not that HTTPS is anymore secure than HTTP, as I'm sure you know)

Cheers!

Rich

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2018 10:38 AM

redv67:

Hi, 

I am having problems trying to login to WGT through IE and Chrome. It says my username or password is incorrect. Yet I can login through Maxathon browser no problem. At the moment I can't play WGT properly.... very slow and erratic. Thats why I wanted to try IE or Chrome to see if it was any better but like I said ...cant login. I log off Maxathon and try the other browsers but still no good.

Does anyone else have this problem or does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Red

You know you don't have to log in on the WGT home page. Type http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx into the  address bar of the browser you want to play with and go straight to the game client page and log in there. I have the game client page set  as the start up page for the browsers that I choose to play with. The game loads so much faster. I don't remember the last time I logged in on the WGT home page. It has been several years though. 

RSS