Help › Forums

Congratulations Darren Clarke

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 8 2011 11:38 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2011 10:33 AM

The well deserved winner of this years Open; played majesticly !!!

• bangors1
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2011 11:07 AM

So very true. To see a man achieving a 20 year dream, with so many tragic downs in between, is amazing. In the twilight of his career,many believed his best days were over (myself included). Coming from Northern Ireland as I do, to see a world wide popular sport's major tournaments won consecutively by 2 men from a population 1/10 that of New York makes me glad to be part of 'our wee country'. Come on over and we'll teach a thing or two about the game!!!!

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2011 11:07 AM

Great win for Darren Clarke and Northern Ireland.  C

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2011 11:15 AM

Northern Ireland golfers have one half of the last 6 majors. Amazing stuff. Darren isn't at all athletic and his swing isn't pretty but what the hell, he won well this week.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2011 11:52 AM

Absolutely delighted that Darren Clarke won the Open today. Has always been extremely talented, but by his own admission, never been the most committed of professionals. After the trauma of losing his wife he has now found happiness and it showed today in one of the most controlled rounds to win the Open that I can remember in recent times.

Without doubt one of the most popular winners of the Open this side of the pond, as there's ever been.

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2011 3:38 PM

Yes, great display of golf...and with the wife coming from N I our house went mad.

Other notable apparent under dog victories this weekend,

Uruguay beat Argentina on penalties,

Paraguay beat Brazil on penalties,

and Japan beat the USA on penalties ( women's world cup final)

• PortableNuke
    7 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2011 4:43 PM

Well done DC. It was great to see a fellow Northern Irishman winning another open, and a greatly deserved win after some really excellent play. There was much cheering and yelling in our house when he finally tapped-in to complete his round.

Travelling down to Killarney in a weeks time and hopefully will get to see all three of our Major winners in the Irish Open. Just wish I could have a Northern Ireland flag beside my avatar...

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2011 7:49 PM

Just like to add my congratulations to Darren Clarke a well deserved winner I have always liked him as he is a very down to earth guy, and after all the heart ache the guy has been thru it was good to see him back on top a superb golfing weekend from him.  

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2011 9:55 PM

tiffer67:
    Without doubt one of the most popular winners of the Open this side of the pond,

We love the guy on this side of the pond too...how could ya not? What a story to come back from such adversity and losing his wife. What a great year for Northern Ireland ! Fantastic job Darren ! You could just tell from his body language and control that no one was going to take it from him.

• Ben110
    38 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2011 10:37 AM

are we talking about golf or soccer

• PAGES
RSS