Forums

Help › Forums

The Alt-Shot World Challenge

Thu, Oct 17 2019 10:11 PM (632 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2018 9:43 AM

Good luck gents. 

And Ken, lock the front door mate and turn ya lights off, cos folk bound to knock again ;-)

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2018 10:12 AM

lol Bubbs,

That's why Carl's Streaming It so ye don't see me trying to catch my breath every time I run down to answer the door & run back up again between shots.

I'm sweating/Outta breath just thinking bout It, Just call me Yo-Yo! ;)

Ken

• kdownunder
    1,463 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2018 3:38 PM

Hi  Ranger

After 2 weeks of trying to find a time when 4 players - Australia, Denmark, USA (2) (kdownunder, Agassi, CuzZeke, Beeners) could play we have been unsuccessful, predominantly due to people's work commitments and the unfriendly timezones.  Consequently, I think we are going to have to resort to:

As a last resort, and a last resort only, if your match cannot possibly get scheduled, then all 4 players will have to play the WGT Weekly 9-hole single play, but all 4 players will have to agree to play it, report scores on this thread. The team that has the lowest combined score will receive the win and move on to the next round. In the event of a tie, the player out of the 4 with the lowest score for the round, that pair will receive the tie-breaker and move on to the next round.

Kay

• mikegooner0
    13,861 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2018 3:52 PM

ok sarcasm here....when entering a world wide competition wouldn't it be wise to pair up with someone In your own time zone.....sheesh u guys crack me up....

peace!!

MIKE.

• RANGER1988
    1,059 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2018 5:19 PM

I want to thank everyone with your efforts on trying your best to get these scheduled, sometimes these type of Matches really are impossible to get completed, so as previously discussed this round ends on Tuesday 11/27, starting on Monday all 4 Players has the option of using the WGT 9-Hole Single-Play Tournament, but just remember all 4 players must have their scores posted by Tuesday @ Midnight EST USA.

Thanks,

• Beeners58
    36 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2018 6:46 PM

Oops...I guess I jumped the gun.  I just played the weekly but it was Congo.  I'll play again on Monday so we're all on the same course.  FYI, I'm a TL and there was some banter way back in this thread about what green speeds are used.  I can tell you that it was 14 for this weeks weekly.  Mystery solved :)

• kdownunder
    1,463 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2018 10:40 PM

kdownunder:

Hi  Ranger

After 2 weeks of trying to find a time when 4 players - Australia, Denmark, USA (2) (kdownunder, Agassi, CuzZeke, Beeners) could play we have been unsuccessful, predominantly due to people's work commitments and the unfriendly timezones.  Consequently, I think we are going to have to resort to:

As a last resort, and a last resort only, if your match cannot possibly get scheduled, then all 4 players will have to play the WGT Weekly 9-hole single play, but all 4 players will have to agree to play it, report scores on this thread. The team that has the lowest combined score will receive the win and move on to the next round. In the event of a tie, the player out of the 4 with the lowest score for the round, that pair will receive the tie-breaker and move on to the next round.

Kay

OK here's my score:  

11.25.18 Wk 47 9-hole Single Play Front 9 Champion 35
  • bluey403
    1,528 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2018 12:58 AM

I am trying very hard to get game happening. Topper mate , I may need until Wednesday or Thursday at the very latest

Cheers

Pete

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2018 5:08 AM

Myself & Carl were no match for Golfqueen1208 & javito1 who never put a foot wrong, Well deserved winners.

Best of luck In next match

Ken

• Beeners58
    36 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2018 6:58 AM

I'm confused.  I went ahead and played the Week 47 9-hole Single Play yesterday.  My score for that round was 33.  I'm not sure though if this is the round we're supposed to play or if we need to wait for week 48 on Monday?  Please just let me know what we need to do to get this thing moving forward.

BTW - I sent 3 friend requests to Agassi1991, and he has yet to accept them.  Not sure what's going on with that.  From all accounts I understand Pete (Agassi1991) is a great guy, so hope it's just a misunderstanding.  

Thanks,

Eileen

RSS