Forums

Help › Forums

Tie-Breaker Question

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 29 2009 11:16 AM (8 replies)
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2008 7:59 PM

Ok, I'm tied with tibbets currently in the Holiday Open.  We both shot 32. When I look on the main tournaments page and scroll down to the showcased tournament listings I see a couple of things:

I've read the rules concerning tie-breakers and I am familiar with how it works.  Do these pictures mean that the tie-breaker has already been applied and I'm unfortunately not the benefactor? :)  Or has that not been determined yet?

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2008 10:47 PM

Having been in this circumstance many times before, I can tell you that the tie-breaker has already been appiled, and the listed standings are correct.  Good job posting the 32.  Maybe next month it'll be the other way around!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2008 11:25 PM

Ah nuts.  I was afraid that might be the case.  Maybe it's a right of passage of sorts. :)

Thanks for the response.

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Dec 22 2008 7:16 AM

Damn... foiled by the tie breaker too!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Dec 22 2008 9:06 AM

WTG, nice job Lee.  You bumped me down third! :D

IIRC I think I birdied 1, 3, 5 & 7.  Just two under for the last 6 unfortunately. :(

• gitthe
    66 Posts
    Tue, Feb 24 2009 11:25 AM

can someone spell out how the tiebreaker works?  I can't find it in the tournament rules.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Feb 24 2009 11:45 AM

"In the event of a tie, the better scoring entrant between or among the tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final six (6) holes of the Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final three (3) holes for such Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest score for the 9th hole in such Game, and any remaining ties will be determined by identifying the lowest scoring entrant for each individual game hole, in sequence from 8th through to 1st, as is necessary to determine a winner. "

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 11:46 AM

BUMP ..... for future reference.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 11:16 AM

Good afternoon all... I've been on both ends of a Tiebreaker as well from time to time.

I sometimes feel like there is a "Final Chapter" that is missing - we never get to really hear the deciding factor / end of the story on a Tiebreaker.  As such....

A "NIce To Have" (and something maybe I will put in the "Product Suggestions" Forum sometime would be this.....

Some sort of Leaderboard notation or other note or notification telling us what decided the tie.  Something like:

F9 = Winner's Final 9 Hole Score was Lower

Same logic for an F6 or F3 (according to the Tiebreaker Policy)

If it boils down to the thing where they proceed backwards Hole by Hole the notation might be something like:

18W, 17W, 16W etc - Meaning the tie was broken with the winner having a lower score on the indicated hole.

Happy New Year, AtlantaCoaster

RSS