Forums

Help › Forums

How to get off top shelf at BPB15

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 12 2009 5:40 PM (3 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2009 5:47 PM

Finding yourself above the pin on that treacherous hill at BPB15 doesn't have to be a horror show. AvatarLee posted a putt from up there that dropped. This is how you get close.

When you move the aimer you see a grid on the green. Move the aimer to the point where the hill starts to drop at the rightmost point of the grid. The grid is red at this very point. Note the yardage to this point-this is your meter yardage. Putt to this point using that yardage and you will crest the hill at a speed that will have the ball roll slowly towards the hole and leave a makeable putt.

I've actually talked 3 different opponents through this and all 3 were down in 2 from here. GL!

YJ

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2009 6:55 PM

Nice post Jim  very helpful  plus it kind of clears up  how the grid can help you...

thanks

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2009 3:11 PM

Interesting... for that shot, I aim like you do, but use the total distance to the hole - (minus) 1/2 ft power for every inch of slope shown at the cup. It's the same 'computation' I use on every hole that is on the 'down slope'. Probably is "six of one, and 1/2 dozen of the other", the way it works out. 

When the cup is higher than my feet, I add about 1.5 ft power to the shot after figuring the initial distance, but I always use the 'rise height' at the cup for those shots, too.

Just goes to show you how there's different strokes for different folks - that ultimately work out the same. :)

BTW... I use the Redwood putter.

Great Post! Better than Excedrin!

• jeff26
    97 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2009 5:40 PM

good post, have had trouble from there

RSS