Help › Forums

Streaming on WGT

Sat, Jun 6 2020 2:00 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Ezzy123450
    209 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2018 4:26 AM

Dear WGT,

There are now quite a few streamers on YouTube & Twitch playing live ... however, there is no help from WGT to advance the streamers and the game.

May I suggest you use the "Streaming on WGT" page on the website to show streamers?

why not help your community get the attention and even show streams from time to time on the front page?

Streamers I see & follow on Twitch (live) are:

Fmagnets. WGTJoeMaverick, , kenher01, Young46, OMP_Cyclops, Paytonnnnnn, Sinisavrc, bader1976, SweetbritchesWGT, jpgruber2000, Shootingpar, zerixx2, JW1k, HawkeyeKidd, Walk0flife, supernaturalseven, barry01

I know there are more (on Twitch & YouTube).

Please WGT help support your community a little.

• deadeye9145
    371 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2018 8:54 AM

It would be a big plus for WGT to support this initiative.  Quite a bit can be learned from watching these players and I am sure others offer additional insite on how to play this game at a high level.

• Amisz0
    94 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2018 9:07 AM

+1

Very good idea Ezzy. Agree also that WGT should support players a little bit more.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2018 9:30 AM

I was streaming WGT way back in 2014 and I've made several threads w/ info about twitch streaming and the many possibilities it can offer.  e.g. multi twitch, voice chat, OBS/Xsplit graphics keys and telestrator chalkboard, interviews (see JFidanza & YANCY) , tutorials.

I got the idea that WGT wasn't interested in progressing much with twitch (a very high traffic website) and I gave up streaming WGT when the meter was doing its thing, and an upgrade to windows 10 made it worse.

Twitch possibilities and enhancements

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/266689.aspx?PageIndex=1

• Ezzy123450
    209 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2018 1:59 PM

@jFidanza,

Thank you for the link and your great post.

Maybe it is a good time to start trying again with WGT to get them to help us streamers?  They could easily promote streamers on the front page.

Cheers,

Ezzy123450 (aka OMP_Cyclops)

JFidanza:

I was streaming WGT way back in 2014 and I've made several threads w/ info about twitch streaming and the many possibilities it can offer.  e.g. multi twitch, voice chat, OBS/Xsplit graphics keys and telestrator chalkboard, interviews (see JFidanza & YANCY) , tutorials.

I got the idea that WGT wasn't interested in progressing much with twitch (a very high traffic website) and I gave up streaming WGT when the meter was doing its thing, and an upgrade to windows 10 made it worse.

Twitch possibilities and enhancements

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/266689.aspx?PageIndex=1

• Young46
    1,291 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2018 3:21 PM

"Watching WGT on Twitch is even easier, and WGT hosts a weekly featured match every Tuesday.

WGT on Twitch: Tuesdays at 3 PM Pacific Time, 6 PM Eastern Time, 11 PM GMT (and 10 AM Australian Eastern Time on Wednesdays)"

It's been nearly 3 years since they hosted a match ... may be time to change that page up!

When WGT tried to use Twitch to increase player numbers 3 years ago the platform wasn't as popular as it is today and they did a very poor job of marketing it. In 2015 Twitch averaged 45 million unique visitors per month, now it's averaging over 150 million per month.

Maybe it's time for WGT to give it another shot?

• Ezzy123450
    209 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2018 3:40 PM

Young46:

"Watching WGT on Twitch is even easier, and WGT hosts a weekly featured match every Tuesday.

WGT on Twitch: Tuesdays at 3 PM Pacific Time, 6 PM Eastern Time, 11 PM GMT (and 10 AM Australian Eastern Time on Wednesdays)"

It's been nearly 3 years since they hosted a match ... may be time to change that page up!

When WGT tried to use Twitch to increase player numbers 3 years ago the platform wasn't as popular as it is today and they did a very poor job of marketing it. In 2015 Twitch averaged 45 million unique visitors per month, now it's averaging over 150 million per month.

Maybe it's time for WGT to give it another shot?

+2

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2018 4:25 PM

I wish they would, I enjoyed watching those matches

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 5:34 AM

Ezzy123450:
    May I suggest you use the "Streaming on WGT" page on the website to show streamers?
    + 1

• ujjbnjk
    2,124 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 5:39 AM

Ezzy123450:

Dear WGT,

There are now quite a few streamers on YouTube & Twitch playing live ... however, there is no help from WGT to advance the streamers and the game.

why not help your community get the attention and even show streams from time to time on the front page?

Streamers I see & follow on Twitch (live) are:

Fmagnets. WGTJoeMaverick, , kenher01, Young46, OMP_Cyclops, Paytonnnnnn, Sinisavrc, bader1976, SweetbritchesWGT, jpgruber2000, Shootingpar, zerixx2, JW1k, HawkeyeKidd, Walk0flife, supernaturalseven, barry01

I know there are more (on Twitch & YouTube).

Please WGT help support your community a little.

+1

• PAGES
RSS