Forums

Help › Forums

A Weekly Four Round 36-Hole Tournament

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 10 2009 9:27 PM (4 replies)
  • Als6437
    428 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2009 2:47 PM

It would be nice to have a weekly four round 36-hole tournament made up of 9 hole rounds. I think that 72 holes would be too many, since most people do not have the time. There does not have to be a cut, because that would be a little too difficult for WGT. It would run from Monday to Sunday just like WGT's other tournaments. If a player quits during one of their rounds, then they would automatically be disqualified. If somebody from WGT could get back to me with this I would greatly appreciate it. Also, I would greatly appreciate any other ideas from other members. 

• JDB42
    11 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2009 6:05 PM

I really like this idea and actually wouldn't mind it being 72 holes instead of 36.  Would be fun to watch a 10 under round come out and shoot 1 over in the next round.

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2009 12:47 PM

I played years ago on another site, I can't even remember the name now but they did weekly 4 round tournies.  You had to go online and download the pin and tee placements for each round.  That was back in the old dial up days, I know WGT isn't able to move the tees around and I can't see that they have a good feel for wind conditions, seems not to be consistent over 9 holes, but it would be fun to play and I don't think hard to track.  I would like to see it be, as the old game I played, such that if you quit in mid game you can't play again.

• DrM1968
    5 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 10:39 AM

I like the sounds of it. I used to play Links through Microsoft alot. I played in weekly tourneys like the pros did. It had a cut after 36 holes. Let's do it!!

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Sat, Oct 10 2009 9:27 PM

I have had the same thought about  having a tournament like that. It would be great fun.

RSS