Sun, Feb 21 2010 3:42 AM (37 replies)
  • geagle58
    4 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2009 10:54 AM

My most hated holes are 15,17,and 7 on Bethpage and 9,and 17 on Kiawah

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2009 12:11 PM

goes without saying that Kiawah's toughest doesn't even make the top 5 of BPB toughest.

that said, i have a better chance of birdy on BPB17 than i do BPB5 (from master tees)...and yes BPB7 and 15 are rare birdies indeed for me.

gl

• pinkgirl34
    59 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2009 7:28 PM

Bethpage Black's Holes 5, 7, 10, 12, 15, and 16 are all very tough. The only EASY hole on BPB in my opinion is Hole 8, a Par 3.

Kiawah Island only has 1 brutally tough hole: Hole 17. Holes 4, 9, and 10 are also relatively hard too. Fortunately, all the Par 5's at Kiawah are fairly easy and you have good birdie chances.

• bobbadgley
    22 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2009 7:48 PM

The 15th on Bethpage is by far the hardest.  I think it is unfair.  I know how far I hit the ball but it never carries that distance.  I will be glad to see the last of blackpage.

• millidarcy
    7 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2009 8:21 PM

BPB#15 is definitely my toughest but I love playing it, the putts are crazy but fun. I'm happy w/ a bogey. I think it's difficulty is reflective of the real world - I believe it was the hole that played the toughest at the Open. Tiger went dbl bogey - bogey - par - bogey on 15.

• igiveup
    110 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2009 9:22 PM

BPB # 15 would be better is the ball actually rolled down the slope correctly.... it always seems to stop about 15 ft above the hole.... The green has a severe gradient and the ball stops on the slope... go figure...

• Chip_Chip_Chip
    6 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 5:31 AM

I was very pleased to chip in on BPB #15 just recently to get my first tournament birdie there. sadly it wouldn't let me save it for some reason otherwise I could have replayed it when I needed cheering up

It's the hardest strokeplay hole that you can play IMHO but the most fun because of it trying to just catch the end of the rough and bounce it up onto the green.

I've also managed to save my best ever approach to this hole which ended just a couple of feet from the hole - go take a look in my saved shots!

• TarheelsRule
    5,482 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 9:47 AM

Having played both courses, my opinion is that BethPage on this site plays much more difficult than it really is.  Kiawah does have firm fairways and allows you to have the ball roll more but the tees that I am on at Kiawah (at the pro level) are not even the tees that I play there in real life, I play one or two sets back from there.  Kiawah can stretch to 7900 yards, you have to get permission to play those.  BethPage on the pro level is back pretty far and unfair in many places.  I would like to see them get courses that are more playable and true to real play.

• STUDIOSHD
    180 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 4:57 PM

The Dragon(15 BB) and The Sandman(17 BB) are the two toughest so far.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 5:30 PM

Since I have unfornutally been bumped up to Pro(big deal)..All the holes are gonna be a challenge until I buy some good clubs..Still having fun though..That is the name of the game right?? Or maybe it is a FOUR letter word...You know..something other than golf

RSS