Forums

Help › Forums

March Skytrak Challenge scam

Tue, Apr 24 2018 1:59 AM (9 replies)
  • JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2018 7:35 AM

I won the March Skytrak Challenge tournament at Kiawah Island.  The round was streamed as well.  After the tournament ended March 14th I waited a week or so and then sent wgt a message asking when and how I would be receiving my $100 amazon gift card to which they replied we will send you an email letting you know so be on the lookout.  So everyday I checked my email at least 5 times a day including checking my spam folder. 

April 4th I send another message asking when I should be expecting this email.  WGT responds with a copy of an email they  "sent" on March 26th saying that I have 3 days to respond with my information (that they already have).  I never received this email.  I have gone over my email 100 times since then trying to find this magical email they sent.  It never came and WGT never tried to contact me again.  They were going to just let it go.  So I now have sent 3 more emails to them giving them my consent and information and asking what happens next.  To no surprise WGT has not responded. 

They put up a tournament that I agreed to the terms and conditions and I won.  I am now being scammed out of my prize.   Sadly if this does not get fixed I have no choice but to quit this game that I enjoy so much.  I cant continue to support a company who won't support its customers.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas of what I should do next?

Josh

• abbielb
    1,800 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2018 8:02 AM

congratulations on winning josh.......you won they need to sort it.......surprised that nobody has backed you up on this.........seems moderation does scare people.......hope you get your prize ....and i dont recieve a punishment of detention after class lol

• Young46
    1,292 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2018 8:04 AM

Hi Josh,

I won the PNC Challenge Tournament in December and I just received my prizes yesterday! It took WGT until mid-March to send me that email about confirming my information. I responded back the first day they sent the email, then waited a week to hear something back from WGT and received nothing. I emailed them asking when I could expect to hear back and got no reply ... then yesterday (4 months later) the trip vouchers finally came in the mail. I wouldn't expect a terribly quick turnaround as almost everyone I know who has won a prize through WGT waited at least 3 months.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2018 8:30 AM
    Getting a prize out of a Skytrak event is harder than winning the event itself. I won one last year and it took 2 months of badgering for the prize to turn up. It turns out that this was a minor miracle, because a winner from 9 months earlier had still not received their prize. Part of the problem seems to be that it is Skytrak that sends out the prize, not WGT. WGT passes the info that they request from you onto Skytrak, then Skytrak is either so disorganised that there is nobody to process the prize, or they just file it in the bin. Ask a mod to chase it for you, so that they can at least find the right person in WGT to contact the right person at Skytrak. Don't give up, and the prize might turn up eventually. Aside from that, I won't be wasting my time trying to shoot a winning score in any of their events again. WGT shouldn't hold any more of these events without securing the prize up front from Skytrak, then sending it out themselves.
  • Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2018 2:57 PM

i have won 2 previous skytrak tournaments and the only way i got paid out was by contacting skytrak on facebook and chatting with one of their reps there - gave the tournament link and within a few days they sent my giftcard details out.
    much easier to deal with them to get this done.
    i found them very helpful in that respect.

btw congrats :)

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2018 8:18 PM

Thanks for all the help everyone.  I now realize how terrible wgts customer service really is.  I contacted skytrak directly hoping to at least get a response so I can sort this out.  Hard to support this company when they wont support us.

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2018 8:20 PM

Young46:

Hi Josh,

I won the PNC Challenge Tournament in December and I just received my prizes yesterday! It took WGT until mid-March to send me that email about confirming my information. I responded back the first day they sent the email, then waited a week to hear something back from WGT and received nothing. I emailed them asking when I could expect to hear back and got no reply ... then yesterday (4 months later) the trip vouchers finally came in the mail. I wouldn't expect a terribly quick turnaround as almost everyone I know who has won a prize through WGT waited at least 3 months.

Lmao that's just ridiculous.  Wonder if they will front me 100 sleeves and I can pay them in 4 months???

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Apr 14 2018 8:01 AM

JSmithers:
    Wonder if they will front me 100 sleeves and I can pay them in 4 months???

LOL   this guy popped in my head after reading that...

Image result for wimpy popeye

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2018 9:10 PM
    ##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Hello Wontonamo,

We'd love to hear what you think of our customer service. Please take a moment to answer one simple question by clicking either link below:

How would you rate the support you received?

Good, I'm satisfied

Bad, I'm unsatisfied

Here's a reminder of what your ticket was about:

Support (WGT)

Apr 2, 2:17 PM PDT

We’re happy to let you know that you’ve won the Swing Break Challenge on WGT.

To accept your prize, please respond back to this message to confirm within 3 days, with your mailing address, full name, and permission to give your information to Skytrak.

You can also confirm by sending us an email at members@worldgolftour.com, if that’s easier for you.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks – and congratulations!

WGT

got that email on 19/4/18 and wondered what it was about since i knew jsmithers won this tournament but out of curiosity i fired off a reply to it to wgt asking what it was about...
    no reply, so i fired off another email asking if anyones there to respond to this email they sent me....
    no response, so i fired off another email asking if anyone can tell me whats going on or if i won a sweepstakes prize or it was a mistake.............
    no reply...

so im here to post this in case someone from wgt reads this and can tell me whats going on please

if its a mistake thats fine - if i won something and my time to claim it has run out - well thats not great...

that original email is dated 2/4/18, and i received that email on 19/4/18 - not too sure whats happening here so please fill me in wgt.

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Tue, Apr 24 2018 1:59 AM

I received the same email Tom.  PM me

RSS