Forums

Help › Forums

Roll

Fri, Feb 23 2018 1:51 AM (6 replies)
  • Rekizhavek
    4 Posts
    Wed, Feb 21 2018 9:27 PM

I just wondering if there has been some changes added to the game latey (particularly after topgolf took over).  I have 4.5 spin on all my irons, wedges, and balls,  yet I now get roll after my shots.  Even against strong headwinds.  My shots used to land and stop dead, what gives? new changes?

• Rooster2821
    107 Posts
    Thu, Feb 22 2018 11:09 AM

About the only thing I have noticed and this could be just lack of memory. But I use to be able to get a little more shaping from the tee with the starter ball. Did they take the little bit of dimples that it use to have and make it as smooth as a bowling ball?

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Feb 22 2018 12:12 PM

I haven't noticed this. With Vapor irons and the l61 Nike ball, I can still stop it on a dime and get a few pennies change.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Feb 22 2018 12:37 PM

I've been trying to change to a different ball, I was using the Nike 90s, with a spin of 5, and the newer one I'm trying is the cally 67.  It doesn't make sense to me but, the cally has a spin rate of 4, and yet it stops quicker than the nike.  You can look at my last clash scores you can  tell which 2 I used the cally, and which 1 the nike.  Using one quarter back spin ( my normal shot) I came up short using the cally, (due to it stopping dead) even more when it actually backed away from the landing spot some. .Someone told me that reason was because I matched brand names of clubs and ball, that they react better.  Not sure if it's true or not, but it does stop better than the Nike for whatever reason. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 22 2018 1:51 PM

Rekizhavek:
    I just wondering if there has been some changes added to the game latey (particularly after topgolf took over)

You were a Legend when TG took over, now you're a TL. I'm sure you already know this but I'll point it out anyway-your default green speed changed and is now 13. That change makes the difference. I personally haven't seen what you're describing.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Feb 22 2018 7:12 PM

thought I've noticed this a bit lately myself, thought.... maybe new version of irons coming soon?   Or my grooves are dirty.  But then I'm sure it's that I've been flip flopping different golf balls lately trying out some of the Nike balls.   Still go back to the yellows and play just as well/bad with them LOL.

Probably should clear my cache yadda yadda.

• Rekizhavek
    4 Posts
    Fri, Feb 23 2018 1:51 AM

I'm aware of the greenspeed change, however I was noticing this when I was a legend, I just turned TL about a month or so ago.

RSS