Help › Forums

Tough Game

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 30 2009 11:21 PM (5 replies)
  • JBNaylor
    2 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 11:20 PM

Hey All,

Great game! I have been playing about 2 months now, and although I have had a few decent rounds, all in all, I am not consistant. Unfortunately, I have jumped tiers quite fast, and the game has become a little frustrating. I would like to buy better clubs, and see if that would help, but unfortunately I am also a victim of our economy.

Besides, from what I have read in the forums, new clubs may not help anyway. Regardless, just wanted to introduce myself, and thank those responsible for a great game.

I'll keep puttin' along, and hope I can improve.

JBN

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 5:19 AM

for the frugal, a driver and a putter upgrade will make a difference.

gl

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 5:49 AM

I played WGT since I joined & turned in a few good rounds. Even made pro with them. Finally broke loose & upgraded (see profile/equip).  It's taken me 5 days to get "fairly" used to new gear. I got clubs w/ faster meter & they've been tough on my scores. On the plus side distance & accuracy are greatly improved. I can even reach most BP par 4's in 2, if I hit near centerline. BIG IF!  Also dropping some longer putts too. Spend lots of time in practice mode or on CTTH games to hone distance & accuracy. If you buy compare meter speeds with the WGT clubs. They might be easier to adjust to. Remember what I've read & heard dozens of times ... drive for show & putt for dough $ $ $.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 6:40 PM

Play the CTTH sweeps and credit giveaway leaderboard tourneys to earn credits. It takes some time but you can get gear without paying.

• JBNaylor
    2 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 7:24 PM

Thanks to all for the advice! I skipped the driving range this week (my one treat that I won't let go of) and bought some clubs and balls. Now it just takes practice I guess. Longer is not necessarily better if you can't hit it straight. Got a gold putter, helps a little. Distances on the greens seems to vary alot. Sometimes wind affects, sometimes not.

Bound to improve if I practice... right?

JBN

• leftymp
    1 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 11:21 PM

To play Bethpage,you have to get a better driver.First though,work on your swing,then get the driver.Leftymp

RSS