Forums

Help › Forums

A couple of issues with the mobile game

Sat, Jul 14 2018 4:10 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Darren2802
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jan 4 2018 1:08 AM

Who was the genius that decided to make you offer balls to everyone you play? GET RID OF THAT. I should not have to click on that after every freaking game just to get back to the main menu. I do NOT want to give people balls.If there is a place to turn that off, I cant find it.

Whats up with the rooms? I get to amateur and start playing in that room and out of say 30+ games, I have played an actual amateur 4 times. A hack a couple times and the rest is pros, tour pros and masters and tour masters. In the AMATEUR room. Its not like there are only say 10 people in the room, its usually over a 100+ and sadly 99+ of them are not even amateurs, it appears lol. This really needs to change.

What exactly is the game doing when you go into a hole with another player? I have 200 meg connection, It will show me or the other guy at the tee and I have seen it take almost a minute or more before it will sync and let you tee off. and its possible it might do that on every turn that game. It can take a game that should take 3-4 minutes and more than double or even triple it. I know its not my connection, I play lots of games on phone, computer and consoles with hundreds of players and not have any problems. So is this a server issue? a peer to peer issue? What is causing these delays?  Seriously, I can go into golf clash and do 1 hole with other people and can probably do 3 to 4 games vs 1 in wgt due to whatever is happening on this sync. Doesnt happen all the time. sometimes it can be 5 seconds in and your ready or takes forever. I would guess that on average its probably around 15-20 seconds.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Jan 4 2018 10:14 AM

Not sure what you mean, amateur room, ?  If your talking about the coin rooms, then there is no restrictions as to who can play in them.  Pride on the other hand will keep most, and I say most, of the higher tiers away from the lower coin rooms.  But since wgt, decided to make a change, "that we all requested", (changing the 3 holers, to a 1 holer format)  I can't say what's up for grabs.  Best advice, is to go into the practice courses, and practice, practice, and when you think u have it, practice some more, then go out there and show ur stuff.  Probably not what u wanted to hear, so I'm sorry, but it's true.  The only other thing you can do is play against established friends, or join a good cc, and learn from the better players.  Good luck to u. 

• Darren2802
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jan 4 2018 11:04 AM

Luckystar5:

Not sure what you mean, amateur room, ?  If your talking about the coin rooms, then there is no restrictions as to who can play in them.  Pride on the other hand will keep most, and I say most, of the higher tiers away from the lower coin rooms.  But since wgt, decided to make a change, "that we all requested", (changing the 3 holers, to a 1 holer format)  I can't say what's up for grabs.  Best advice, is to go into the practice courses, and practice, practice, and when you think u have it, practice some more, then go out there and show ur stuff.  Probably not what u wanted to hear, so I'm sorry, but it's true.  The only other thing you can do is play against established friends, or join a good cc, and learn from the better players.  Good luck to u. 

Pride has done absolutely no such thing. My stats stand for themselves. I have played at all hours of the day or night. I RARELY ever get an amateur player in the amateur room. I played 6 1 hole amateur games today. I got 1 amateur and 3 pros and 2 tour pros. Last night I got mostly tour pros and masters and yes there are restrictions on who can play. Funny how an amateur cant play in the masters rooms because they are locked but the masters can easily drop down to play in the amateur or even hack room. How is that even remotely fair? Thats like telling an amateur boxer, hey sorry but your next fight in the amateur league is against the world champ. you should have practiced more. that just makes no sense at all.

If I choose to go into the pro room and try against a pro and lose, I dont whine about how he shouldnt have beat me. It was my choice. Its not necessarily my choice to go against pros, tour pros, masters and tour masters in the amateur room though. In fact at this point I would say the amateur name needs to be removed off that room and renamed as pros/masters live here room.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Jan 4 2018 5:50 PM

Darren2802:
    In fact at this point I would say the amateur name needs to be removed off that room and renamed as pros/masters live here roo

I think you're misinterpreting what it's saying. It's not saying it's an "amateur room." It's stating the tier cap for the apparel packs. 

For that room, the cap is amateur tier packs. So, if I were to enter the room, I would get the following message: "Your tier exceeds the cap for this room. You will receive AMATEUR apparel packs." 

• Darren2802
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jan 4 2018 7:47 PM

Robert1893:

Darren2802:
    In fact at this point I would say the amateur name needs to be removed off that room and renamed as pros/masters live here roo

I think you're misinterpreting what it's saying. It's not saying it's an "amateur room." It's stating the tier cap for the apparel packs. 

For that room, the cap is amateur tier packs. So, if I were to enter the room, I would get the following message: "Your tier exceeds the cap for this room. You will receive AMATEUR apparel packs." 

Well, I do see that. That seems a little odd as the only time you get apparel is if you are playing while sponsored. so like for 15 minutes every 6 hours you can get apparel. But yeah if thats the intent of the rooms I guess thats ok but for what? about 1 hour of time out of a 24 hour period that apparel is actually active, it just seems strange to me to setup a room like that at all. It makes so much more sense they would be broken up by your rank to play with others of the same rank. LOL, but this did come from the same minds that thinks its a great idea to get me to gift strangers balls after every single play session.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Jan 4 2018 7:49 PM

You totally missed my point, I only play the coin rooms because of the turf wars.  As such any time I drew an opponent that was a lesser tier, to me , there was no pride in beating them.  So I would play to a tie, and split the spoils.it proved nothing for me to win.   Unfortunately with the new set up, I can no longer do that.  No one belittled you or your abilities, just remember this, you can't beat the better players, if you don't play against them!  Good luck to u! 

• Chris14601
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jan 11 2018 8:45 PM

I can tell you my situation, 

I'm at Tour Pro, I will not put any money into the, I just want to play.

I prefer to play head to head. Not many friends so the coin room seems to be the only way.

I don't have much coin and barely any credits ( please don't suggest the surveys and videos).

This limits me to playing the cheap rooms.

As mentioned above the Amateur level is basically pointless.

IMHO, this new room format is awful.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2018 9:13 PM

ignore the tier. for the most part the room they are playing in is an indicator of their skill level.  

The better someone is the  more  profit in silver coins and they keep moving up rooms. 

exception being those that just started or went broke on coins.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 2:23 AM

Chris14601:
    I'm at Tour Pro, I will not put any money into the, I just want to play.

Play the courses - strokeplay, 1 to 18 holes, free of any charge!
    (avoid Cabo, Whistler)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 3:07 AM

Darren right now you are in a dead Country Club. Move on to a more active CC and you can play Country Club Tournaments. You get to play with others and make friends with them.

Remember, you have to play with players better than yourself to improve. It's the same in all sports.

The friendships you can make are priceless.

Don

• PAGES
RSS