Forums

Help › Forums

change in the coin rooms,- a different opinion

Fri, Jan 19 2018 8:05 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • sky0diver
    119 Posts
    Wed, Dec 27 2017 12:56 AM

I have read the numerous complaints about the changes in the coin rooms and while I am aware that my posting will be unpopular for the vast majority,- hear me out.

First up,- I agree that the one hole option should have been an addition and not the replacement for the three hole option. we can all agree to hat. However, I am a 80% PC player and use the mobile platform only when time is tight or I just need to get my consecutive days going. So for that, the one hole option is actually great.

People however complain that now with only one hole the game is much more a "luck" game than it used to be. Is it? you need as much skill playing one hole as you do playing three. Only difference is that the "luck" part may happen on the first hole rather than the second or third. Additionally, how many games did anyone ever win after falling one back on the first in a three hole game here? yes, you can maybe tie, but that is still counted as a loss when it comes to the sponsorship reward for example. So rather than having to "drag on" for two more holes. be happy that it is over when you fell back on the first anyway. ... And yes, I too won games after falling one back on the first, but let's be honest. that's the exception, not the general expectation.

I asked a couple of time for a "shoot-out" game mode that was available on TW'99 way back that featured the exact same tie breaker version. So I am glad they introduced this tie breaker as all those "ties" were really getting a bit boring. Unfortunately it is still more like a head to head shootout and not something where up to four players could join.

Anyway, I for one don't mind the one hole option and based on the number of players I see in those rooms, I haven't noticed a drop of players either. in fact, I see more players playing in the 500K room than ever before, so some people may like it?

Like most things, I think people resist change at first but ones you realize some of the positive aspects of it, it can be a positive experience. For the social part, I still think that PC is far superior than the mobile app.

Just my thoughts,... and feel free to disagree of course.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2017 9:38 AM

the 500k room is booming. 

amuses me when i see people talk about 10k credits as being too expensive for 1 hole.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2017 10:53 AM

Here's what I don't understand: people say that there's no 3-hole rooms. But when I go into the coin games, I see the option. It's called the Beverly Hills room with an entry fee of 2.5K. And yes, my app is up-to-date.

Is there a difference between the iOS version and the Android version of the mobile app? Or am I missing something here?

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2017 11:37 AM

sky0diver:
    I [...] use the mobile platform only when time is tight or I just need to get my consecutive days going. So for that, the one hole option is actually great.

For CDP, one tee shot in any solo game is sufficient. It doesn't get shorter.

• sky0diver
    119 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2017 4:03 PM

That's obviously correct Alosso, but I still prefer to actually finish a whole game (and yes, people will say one hole is not an entire game,- but three holes isn't either :-) ) rather than just log on to hit one shot .... also comes in handy as a quick break to get your mind off things at work. Three holes is a bit too long and the one hole option is more like a "cigarette break" without the smoke :-)

• AC222
    3 Posts
    Wed, Jan 10 2018 1:15 PM

I've played numerous times when my first hole left me behind and then recovered to win.

The three hole play at least gave the two players a chance to see who was the better.  One hole play is just that - a crap shoot.

I am 1110% in favor of bringing the three hole play back either in the original room or as an option in the 900 coin category...

• calabash101
    214 Posts
    Wed, Jan 10 2018 2:05 PM

Robert1893:

Here's what I don't understand: people say that there's no 3-hole rooms. But when I go into the coin games, I see the option. It's called the Beverly Hills room with an entry fee of 2.5K. And yes, my app is up-to-date.

Is there a difference between the iOS version and the Android version of the mobile app? Or am I missing something here?

In the Beverly Hills Room they stagger the tee boxes based on tier, before in the casablanca room you played from the same tees no mater what tier. When you play someone who is at the same level and has the same gear as you it is kinda hard to over come 40, 50 or 60 yard tee difference.

• kingiling
    512 Posts
    Wed, Jan 10 2018 2:44 PM

Robert1893:

It's called the Beverly Hills room with an entry fee of 2.5K. And yes, my app is up-to-date.

I think it is because the coin rooms that offered higher risk/reward (10K and 500K) entry were changed from 3 holes to 1 hole.  People want to play 3 holes AND get the higher coin rewards as it applied to a weekly contest or a turf war.  It is what it is.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Jan 10 2018 4:46 PM

AC222:
    I am 1110% in favor of bringing the three hole play back either in the original room or as an option in the 900 coin category...

OK. Here's the thing I don't get. People keep lamenting that WGT has taken away the 3-hole option. But I still see it there. 

So, what's the deal? In fact, I just logged on again and saw a room called "Beverly Hills" that says it's a 3-hole stroke play room.

What's wrong with that room? 

• PAGES
RSS